2 Easyjet flights cancelled today Friday the 11th.
U2 3362 outbound to Venice and the inbound from Venice U2 3361 both cancelled.
U2 6190 outbound toPisa and the inbound from Pisa U2 6189 both cancelled.
It wonders if bad weather all round Europe has some thing to do with these flights cancelled. I saw on the news yesterday they had heavy snow and tempertures in Greece down to minus 23.

Third party strikes like ATC means no EU compensation rights.

Airline wont refund your ticket, saves fuel costs on the flights and is a winner. Passenger loses everything including hotel bookings and has to fight with their insurers for compensation.

Modern day travel can be stressful.

A Flybe DH8D diverted into BRS last night just before midnight operating a DUS-SOU schedule. The late running of the flight would have meant SOU would have closed before its arrival. It's due to position back to SOU at 1625 this afternoon.

A Flybe DH8D diverted into BRS last night just before midnight operating a DUS-SOU schedule. The late running of the flight would have meant SOU would have closed before its arrival. It's due to position back to SOU at 1625 this afternoon.
I presume this will use a tiny bit of BRS's own night time quota, albeit the winter is usually under-used from stats on the airport's website, hence the airport's application to spread its quota across the year rather than have specific limits for summer (over-used at times) and winter (under-used), albeit part of one season's quota can be moved to the next season but I think from memory that it's only 10%.

Substantial snow is forecast for the West Country this afternoon and evening. Mind you, snow was forecast for Tuesday of this week too but didn't turn up - thank goodness. Looking at the weather radar site, it does seem that a lot of precipitation is on its way at the moment.

Forecasters suggest that initally it will be rain/sleet before turning into snow. BRS might find itself with some problems later today if the forecast is correct.

Thursday 31 January 2019

Today's cancellations so far.

flybmi BM1803 to Aberdeen t 0820 returning as BM1804 at 1620
easyJet EZY3361 from Venice MP at 1810 returning as EZY3362 at 1840
easyJet EZY432 from Edinburgh at 2020 returning as EZY431 at 2045
easyJet EZY569 from Newcastle at 2020 returning as EZY570 at 2050

The easyJets all seem to be aircraft from other bases.

There was supposed to be heavier snow by now quite widely in the SW and South but it's mainly light snow or sleet at most airports. They have been giving a tempo of -SN for LHR for the last 2 hours. Still waiting. Mind you, they were giving a tempo for MAN of 300m in FZFG for over 3 hours this morning and fortunately it didn't materialise.
The amber warning form the Met Office this morning forecast heavy snow this afternoon and evening. At best, they have their timing wrong which isn't unusual.

Well its started snowing in Weston Supere Mare.Its pitching and every thing covered. I can only think its started snowing at the airport as well.

Well its started snowing in Weston Supere Mare.Its pitching and every thing covered. I can only think its started snowing at the airport as well.
Started in south-east Brisotl around 2015 - several hours later than forecast. Still 15 commercial flights due in this evening. Remains to be seen whether they will all make it into BRS.

BM from Dusseldorf currently flying circuits in vicinity of airport (FR24). Snow where I live seven miles from the airport is now becoming heavier.

BM from Dusseldorf currently flying circuits in vicinity of airport (FR24). Snow where I live seven miles from the airport is now becoming heavier.
BM from DUS now descending and looks to be heading for CWL.

13 more flights due in this evening:

9 easyJet
2 flybmi
1 KLM
1 TUI

BM DUS off to CWL by the looks of it. Current weather forecast has snow at CWL and BRS, and light snow at LHR. EXT appears to be operational at the moment too.
A few flights due in shortly. EZY GVA is closest but seems to be staying at 22,000 ft passing Swindon

A few flights due in shortly. EZY GVA is closest but seems to be staying at 22,000 ft passing Swindon
The CDG flight is at 23,000 ft. Maybe both will head for CWL or BHX.
Does look like they could head for CWL.

Last edited:
If all nine outstanding easyJet flights can't get in there might be some head scratching tomorrow morning. BM too might have three out of place. Ironically, the TUI from Hurghada that diverted to Munich on the outbound because of a technical issue is not now scheduled to arrive back until 0330, four and a half hours late. He might be lucky and get in if the snow stops and can be cleared.

Visibility has dropped at BRS too. 300m. Aircraft holding south of Torquay and in the Valleys. They must think they might be able to reopen if decisions aren't being made to divert straight away.

According to BRS website easyJet from Geneva is diverting to BHX.

Their’s lots of airacft in the hold they must be waiting to see if the runway clears, diverts are probably looking likely for CWL and BHX.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock