Advertisement

Re-fuelling while boarding

BSL-2km

Jan 28, 2014
Basel- Mulhouse - Suisse/ France
Thread starter #1
So, just recently on another Easyjet flight, departing Basel, we were informed not to fasten our seatbelts upon boarding as the aircraft was being re-fuelled (refuelled?) ..
I was under the impression that this type of thing was done away with or illegal ,, seems not.
Back in the day i remember airlines in North Africa doing it, but i have not come across it in the past decades.
Turn around times starting to erode safety measures ?

Advertisement

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
So, just recently on another Easyjet flight, departing Basel, we were informed not to fasten our seatbelts upon boarding as the aircraft was being re-fuelled (refuelled?) ..
I was under the impression that this type of thing was done away with or illegal ,, seems not.
Back in the day i remember airlines in North Africa doing it, but i have not come across it in the past decades.
Turn around times starting to erode safety measures ?
No, refueling whilst passengers are boarding is perfectly fine and allowed by EASA/FAA and most other regulatory bodies around the world. Often happens and accompanied by the PA to not fasten seat belts until it is finished.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #3
It happened when i was boarding my flight from EDI-CWL in April and the flight attendant said to stay unbuckled. Pretty sure Delta have done it on one of my US flights as well.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
Admin #4
Similar to what has already been said, as I understand it, refuelling is permitted so long as no other service vehicles are attending the aircraft. This is to enable a quick exit should it be required.

Advertisement

Top Bottom