Silvercity

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
Portugal
New route and airline from mid August, twice weekly Monday and Friday Liverpool to Bergen.

E190 will operate the route, this airline has already operated charters to Liverpool for football and city break traffic, so hopefully a scheduled operation should do well.

Last edited:
New route and airline from mid August, twice weekly Monday and Friday Liverpool to Bergen.

E190 will operate the route, this airline has already operated charters to Liverpool for football and city break traffic, so hopefully a scheduled operation should do well.

That's great news. Every little helps.

Here's the press release...

Scandinavia’s largest regional airline Widerøe has today announced that it is to start operating a twice weekly service between Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA) and Bergen in Norway.

The new service will commence on 17th August 2018 with departures on Mondays and Fridays with connections available in Bergen to other Scandinavian cities including Oslo and Helsinki.

Widerøe will use their 114 seat Embraer E190-E2 jet aircraft on the route, which will be the first time this new generation jet aircraft will have operated to a UK regional airport.

Bergen is Norway's second largest city and also the gateway to the Fjords, with this new direct service giving passengers across the North West the opportunity to either visit this popular city or the region’s beautiful fjordal area.

The new service is also likely to prove popular with visitors from Norway and Scandinavia travelling to the North West. With Premier League football as popular as ever with Scandinavians, Norwegian football supporters in particular are expected to take advantage of the new flights to attend Liverpool, Everton, Manchester City and Manchester United matches.

Seats are now on sale with fares starting from £69 one way (including taxes) and bookable on the wideroe.nowebsite.

John Irving, CEO for LJLA commented, “We are naturally delighted to see Scandinavia’s largest regional airline Widerøe choose to operate a new scheduled service between Liverpool John Lennon Airport and Bergen.

“The new twice weekly service will provide passengers from across the North of England with a great way to visit the city of Bergen as well as access to the Fjords and the popular cruise market from there. It will also allow passengers from across Norway to visit Liverpool and the wider North West using the region’s Faster, Easier and Friendlier Airport”.

Christian Skaug, Commercial Director for Widerøe commented, “We are excited to bring travelers in both directions and to present the magnificent fjords of the western region of Norway. Potentially as a stopover to the rough far north with Midnight Sun and Northern Lights, Bergen offers a stunning diversity from cultural and historic experiences to an impressive scenery. In addition Widerøe in corporation with Finnair provides a fast and efficient gateway to the far East through through the Helsinki route.”

Liverpool Airport

Great news and a great airline and route for Liverpool to get!

Times are : - Friday BGO-LPL. 0645-0730
LPL-BGO. 0805-1045

Monday .BGO-LPL 19.35-2020
LPL-BGO. 21.00-2340

That does give people a good long weekend in Bergen!

Yes from both ends. I may give it a try myself later in year !

From Bergen Airports website it looks like the only other UK destinations are London and Glasgow, although I thought Newcastle was served, but doesn't show. So this route will be handy for the northwest to reach Bergen.

Last edited:
I believe Manchester is served from Bergen by SAS and Loganair (the latter via Inverness)

I think this route should do well as in many respects it already has been operated quite often with inbound charters for Norwegians by Wideroe Now it will.be available for people in the Northwest to use too.

Does anyone at LPL actually know anything about MAN's service? To see such tripe written in a PR piece is shocking.

"Norwegian football supporters in particular are expected to take advantage of the new flights to attend Liverpool, Everton, Manchester City and Manchester United matches."

So they won't bother using the SK services out of OSL and BGO to MAN then.

"Ot will also allow passengers from across Norway to visit Liverpool and the wider North West using the region’s Faster, Easier and Friendlier Airport"

Yes, let's make out way out of/going to LPL on a train service at the airport. Oh. There isn't. And they won't bother using the SK services out of OSL and BGO to MAN then.

"In addition Widerøe in corporation with Finnair provides a fast and efficient gateway to the far East through through the Helsinki route£

Yes, we'll get lots and lots of passengers who will decide that they will go that way rather than actually using the 2 daily Finnair service out of MAN.

Here's those mysterious SK flights that can't be found:

34342552_10215418340588328_3538379940334403584_n.jpg

I’m very positive about this new airline entering the North West market and I’m very excited to see the E-2 on UK soil. I was simply pointing out that MAN does also have nonstop Bergen service.
How strange folk from beyond Manchester have said welcoming support plus ' likes' and others nearer to home can't bear to say anytime positive.

I’m very positive about this new airline entering the North West market and I’m very excited to see the E-2 on UK soil. I was simply pointing out that MAN does also have nonstop Bergen service.

That's fine, I just couldn't find it, as I mentioned, Bergen's website only talked about LON and GLA, so what am I to think.

Yes, let's make out way out of/going to LPL on a train service at the airport. Oh. There isn't. And they won't bother using the SK services out of OSL and BGO to MAN then.
Well Liverpool airport are hardly going to promote Manchester Airport are they! It's PR spin! Goes on all the time with airports!

I've just found the MAN service on the Bergen irport site, it wasn't mentioned on the" featured "direct services section that I was looking at . I hadn't noticed there was a cities list further on.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock