Advertisement

How often should you fly in order to look into signing up for frequent flyer miles?

umerasad

Nov 10, 2018
london
I'm a military wife, so I fly back home to see my family a lot. In 2008 I flew from AZ to GA and back 3 times, and I already have 2 flights back to GA planned for the beginning of 2009 when my husband deploys. Is that enough to bother signing up for frequent flyer miles? How much do you usually have to pay?

Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
If you were to use Avios as an example you can have a shared account so you can collect your points together and build up your points quicker. Some of the other Frequent Flyer schemes will offer different benefits. Hopefully somebody else will be able to elaborate further.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
I'm a military wife, so I fly back home to see my family a lot. In 2008 I flew from AZ to GA and back 3 times, and I already have 2 flights back to GA planned for the beginning of 2009 when my husband deploys. Is that enough to bother signing up for frequent flyer miles? How much do you usually have to pay?
You shouldn't have to pay anything. Most if not all programs are free to join. Generally you earn two types of points, those related to your tier/status which are only earned from flying, and miles (e.g. avios) which are like a kind of currency used towards buying flights and other things and can be earned from many things beyond flights like credit cards or hotels etc.

Advertisement

Top Bottom