The aircraft they are using for this freight service the AN 26...I don't know anything about It, how long the type has been around but it must be quite an unusual for use on a UK service.

The An26 has been operating into and out of Liverpool quite frequently with cargo charters of Wynne Aviation Services. Apparently the aircraft has quite a distictive and loud sound ..Will need to go and see it landing sometime.

Some contingency plans being put together in case of Brexit freight issues..

Liverpool and Leipzig will join air cargo capabilities to maintain automotive supply chains in the case of a no deal Brexit when the UK leaves the European Union at the end of March. Wynne Aviation, based at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, and Germany’s Leipzig Airport, along with Airport Park Leipzig Halle, have announced an “alliance arrangement designed to establish formal contingency planning measures” in case of a no deal Brexit. The partners said in a statement: “The contingency measures involve the establishment of a consortia comprising; air cargo aircraft operators, warehousing operators, air cargo handling, Customs clearance and trucking companies who form the alliance" They have come together to present a seamless air cargo service level offering to support the logistics requirements of the UK’s North West, North Midlands and North Wales automotive cluster and Germany’s eastern automotive cluster.” UK-based Jota Aviation and Russia’s Volga-Dnepr Group will provide freighter support with BAE146-300F, B737-400SF, An24-100 and IL-76 aircraft. Leipzig has 39,000 sq m of warehousing available on an off-airport site adjacent to the hub, while both airports have 24 hour operations Tom Hughes, business development director at Wynne Aviation Services, said: “The announcement today brings together key players in the air cargo logistics business who are partnering to provide the automotive sector with a clear picture of the service level offering available to support their logistics needs should a no deal Brexit happen. “Both Liverpool and Leipzig airports are located at the heart of two major automotive clusters and so the strengthening and marketing of our collective logistics facilities at this crucial time is an entirely sensible measure.” Mario Patyk, head of business development cargo/logistics at Leipzig/Halle Airport said: “The just in time automotive supply chain could face some unforeseen consequences should a no deal Brexit happen and so the establishment of a strong counterparty relationship on air cargo logistics with the UK and in particular the automotive cluster within the Liverpool catchment area, where Liverpool Airport is a key air cargo gateway is a prudent measure to take both today but also beyond Brexit.” Andre Morrall, business development director at Airport Park Leipzig Halle, said: “As strong partners of Leipzig Airport, where we have significant ready to rent large scale warehousing, today’s announcement helps to place in the minds of shippers and freight forwarders the existence of this new alliance and the collective and substantial service level offerings we can provide.”

Details from Air Cargo News

Last edited:
Two AN12s were operating cargo flights this week on 29th. Quite a rare aircraft to see.

courtesy of twitter Wynne Aviation

D7rv1PCWkAAegTE.jpg

Antonov AN12 Cargo flight landed about 30 mins ago from AGP...UR CAJ. The AN12 seem to operating cargo flights quite often from LPL. Ive not seen the aircraft myself but apparently v distictive sound.

2 x AN12 Cargo services today one this morning in at 0630 out 0900, another in 1700 out 1900. Also Jota BAe 146QT cargo arrived at 0900.

More AN12 movements today on arrived from Tangiers 3 hours ago , the Carrier is Cavok.

Looked, and sounded, like another AN-12 skirting around Penketh at 0925 as if routed inbound to Speke - I much prefer the old name to LJLA.

They seem to be routing in from Tangier, then goes off to somewhere off. They're coming in nearly daily at the moment, 3 arrivals on Sunday gone.

Looked, and sounded, like another AN-12 skirting around Penketh at 0925 as if routed inbound to Speke - I much prefer the old name to LJLA.

To be honest Scottie Dog I prefer all the old airport names Elmdon, (naturally ) Ringway, Yeadon, Lulsgate and Tern etc etc.and by the way the AN12 is noisy old thing but certainly brings variety.

To be honest Scottie Dog I prefer all the old airport names Elmdon, (naturally ) Ringway, Yeadon, Lulsgate and Tern etc etc.and by the way the AN12 is noisy old thing but certainly brings variety.

I suppose the only thing from a marketing point of view Speke , Rhoose , Staverton etc, they wouldn't cut it today and certainly for overseas visitors not too helpful as too localised.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock