• Admin
Gatwick looking for a new charity partner
View attachment 14963
  • Unique opportunity to work with Gatwick as its official charity partner
  • Charity is carefully chosen to ensure local benefits to Kent, Surrey and Sussex
  • Partnership lasts for two years and deadline for applications is 15 November
London Gatwick has today announced that it is seeking a new charity partner, with the successful applicant set to secure a unique opportunity to increase its profile and fund raising possibilities.

The partnership will last for two years and registered local charities are encouraged to apply before the deadline of 15th November 2019.

The airport will choose the charity that can best improve the lives of local people through the partnership, with applicants also assessed on what the charity wants to achieve from the new relationship, what the money raised will go towards and why it will be a good ‘fit’ with Gatwick and its employees.

In addition to an increase in profile and contributions, Gatwick will encourage the airport’s 3000 staff and its partners to volunteer their time and expertise to the chosen charity and help support fund raising events and projects.

Gatwick has three charity partners at any one time, which it works with to raise funds over the longer term – two local and one airport-based charity. Gatwick’s current ongoing charities are Gatwick TravelCare and Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex, with Gatwick’s work with St Catherine’s Hospice coming to an end in April 2020 after a double term of four years.

Gatwick TravelCare has been working alongside Gatwick's terminal teams to assist passengers since 1986. Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex makes emergency crews available to respond to emergency situations across the region every day of the year.

For community groups that do not have charity status or for those that do not feel a charity partnership would be appropriate, the airport also provides Gatwick Foundation Fund grants Applications for grants in the Kent, Surrey and Sussex can be made via the Gatwick website.

Melanie Wrightson, Community Engagement Manager, Gatwick Airport said: “We are excited about our new partnership and can not wait to see who applies next! If you think your charity could improve the lives of local people in partnership with us, then please apply!

“Our aim for this new partnership is to replicate the success we have had with our previous charity partners.”

Allan McHenry, Assistant Director of Service delivery, Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex said: “The sponsorship from Gatwick is incredibly important to us. A lot of the people going off on holiday travel through Gatwick and it gives them the opportunity to find out more about our charity and helps us raise our profile”.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock