Answered You have reached your maximum number of allowed attachments?

Matt.J.B

Hi,

I am currently unable to attach any attachments to the forum, i'm trying to add a pdf to the Birmingham Airport Forum, showing the 2020 Arrival Statistics, (I had no problem adding the 2019 Arrival Statistics last year) and I get this message when I try and upload the pdf:-

You have reached your maximum number of allowed attachments

Can some one advise why this is happening and how can it be corrected? Can my limit be increased?

thanks

Solution
Hiya,

There is a limit on attachments as the cost of storage and bandwidth is increasing the more the forum is used to store files. You can manage your attachments from the following link: Attachments | Forums4airports, Discussion Forum About Your Local Airport

If you want more quota for attachments, you can upgrade your account here: Account upgrades | Forums4airports, Discussion Forum About Your Local Airport

For further information, see this thread: We are looking at making changes that may affect you | Forums4airports, Discussion Forum About Your Local...

Ashley.S.

Site Maintenance
Staff member
Apr 10, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
Hiya,

There is a limit on attachments as the cost of storage and bandwidth is increasing the more the forum is used to store files. You can manage your attachments from the following link: Attachments | Forums4airports, Discussion Forum About Your Local Airport

If you want more quota for attachments, you can upgrade your account here: Account upgrades | Forums4airports, Discussion Forum About Your Local Airport

For further information, see this thread: We are looking at making changes that may affect you | Forums4airports, Discussion Forum About Your Local Airport

Hope this helps

Solution

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
As Ashley has mentioned you can get additional allowances by upgrading your account - from £3.50 per month.

By doing this you will not only have an increased allowance but you will also be helping to share the cost of running this great site.

I'm sure that Aviador will be happy to give a fuller answer if required.

Scottie Dog

Staff member
Subscriber
Sep 7, 2016
Warrington
I've just seen the attached on the Moderators forum which might be of interest:

I would also request members resist the use of the attachment system for large files that could be better catered for by using less data intensive methods.
Over half of our data intensive files are being used by read once type documents. This continues to bloat the server unnecessarily long after the files has lost its worthiness to the forum.
Everyone can play their part in helping us by reviewing their old attachments in the attachment manager located in a members profile settings. It maybe that some older attachments are no longer valid.

I hope that helps

Scottie Dog

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.