• Admin
Australia enforces face masks for domestic air travel for persons 12 years and over
View attachment 21392

A new Public Health Direction will make face masks mandatory for domestic commercial air travel in and out of the ACT,

The direction is in line with the commitment jurisdictions have made to implement this policy for all domestic air travel across Australia, as part of the National Cabinet.

This new Direction will mean people 12 years and above, including workers who interact with the public, must wear face masks while inside terminal buildings and during domestic commercial flights.

Although face masks will not be required outside the terminal, passengers embarking and disembarking a flight on the tarmac must keep them on.

People will be permitted to remove their face mask to ascertain their identity when going through security or when eating and drinking or taking medication both in the airport terminal and during a flight. They will also be able to remove their mask during an emergency and to communicate effectively, for example, with someone who is hearing impaired.

There are exceptions to this Direction, including for infants and children under the age of 12, as well as people with a disability or a particular medical condition that makes wearing a face mark unsuitable.

Under the Direction, face masks must be designed or made to be worn over the mouth and nose, and should fit securely around your face to provide the wearer with protection against infection. A scarf or bandana is not considered an appropriate face mask.

Tips for using face masks:
• Single-use face masks can be worn continuously for up to four hours as long as it doesn’t become moist.​
• Masks must not be reused and should be disposed of safely after use.​
• Reusable face masks should be washed and dried after use and stored in a clean dry place.​
• Use a new single-use or reusable face mask for each new situation, and​
• Avoid touching and playing with face masks unnecessarily.​

As face masks are just one line of defence again COVID-19, people are reminded that when travelling it is important to continue maintaining physical distancing, practising good hand and respiratory hygiene, staying home if unwell and getting tested with any symptoms of COVID-19.

People are also reminded to check the health advice and requirements of the jurisdiction they are travelling to, as the rules on face mask usage may vary from state to state.

For more information, visit: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/stay-safe-and-healthy/protect-yourself#Masks

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock