So apparently a lot of the airports around the UK might have fog tomorrow except CWL so maybe some more diversions tomorrow.
Good for the airport and its followers but a nightmare for most passengers and the airlines.

So far today Cardiff hasn't been effected too badly by the storm.
The 2 Transavia rugby charters from Dublin were cancelled but will operate tomorrow instead.
The Jet2 rugby charter from Dublin was diverted to Manchester.
The Eastern Airways Newcastle was cancelled and the Flybe flight to Cork along with the return was cancelled as well.
Other flights did have varying delays.
Tomorrow mornings KLM KL1059 09.45 arrival is down as cancelled.

As far as I've been able to find out Cardiff didn't suffer any cancellations yesterday. Some delayed flights yes but no cancellations.

As far as I've been able to find out Cardiff didn't suffer any cancellations yesterday. Some delayed flights yes but no cancellations.
Think yourself lucky you haven't got easyJet;)

Anyone who has looked at the BRS thread will know they cancelled everything at Bristol from lunchtime yesterday (19 return flights) whilst the other airlines cancelled nothing apart from Air Lingus Regional that cancelled one return flight because the inbound had been diverted to MAN.

Think yourself lucky you haven't got easyJet;)
Flybe do cop for quite a lot of criticism but they didn't cancel any of the Cardiff flights yesterday and I generally find them reliable. I believe BA cancelled some flights from Heathrow yesterday but not on the scale of Easyjet. Anyway if Easyjet did operate operate from Cardiff and cancelled all its flights I'm sure people would blame the airport and say it was because the landing fees were too high! :ROFLMAO:

We flew back from Lanzarote on the 737 that flew in from Gatwick in the morning to cover yesterdays rotations after the orginal went tech.

It was a much newer aircraft and even had distance information screens. Is there a reason that CWL gets an older airframe or is it a purely random happening ?

We flew back from Lanzarote on the 737 that flew in from Gatwick in the morning to cover yesterdays rotations after the orginal went tech.

It was a much newer aircraft and even had distance information screens. Is there a reason that CWL gets an older airframe or is it a purely random happening ?
There is so many reasons which aircraft goes where.In youre case aircraft came from Gatwick,it must have been a spare or much later flight for that aircraft.Airlines have a certain amount of what flies where.Age or condition don't realy enter in to it,they just want the rotation covered and they will work out details if it causes any problems later in the day.So in all the age or condition of the aircraft don't realy enter into it.

According to SWAG at the moment the runway is closed due to the fire service deeming it unsafe due to hail.
At the moment 2 aircraft are in the hold. Flybe from Dublin and Eastern from Anglesey.

According to SWAG at the moment the runway is closed due to the fire service deeming it unsafe due to hail.
At the moment 2 aircraft are in the hold. Flybe from Dublin and Eastern from Anglesey.
Runway open now!

Aegean A320 SX-DGV diverted from St Athan due to weather.

I don't know why that one diverted. Weather seems ok today and other aircraft, including easyJet, landed at BRS around that time.

Might have been a technical problem needing a bit more available runway?

I don't know why that one diverted. Weather seems ok today and other aircraft, including easyJet, landed at BRS around that time.

Might have been a technical problem needing a bit more available runway?
Posts on SWAG ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- state weather as the reason. Apparently cloud base was too low at 500 feet?

Posts on SWAG ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- Groups state weather as the reason. Apparently cloud base was too low at 500 feet?
BRS website shows the diverted flight expected a bit late at 1538. Another easyJet (from Newcastle) is shown as landed at 1541.

For the past few days the wind has been out of the west/south-west/north-west with the Cat3b-equipped runway 27 in use. This afternoon I was out walking and heard some aircraft in the cloud taking off so they must have been using the reciprocal 09 which isn't Cat3-equipped, so perhaps visibility was a problem although how the other aircraft managed to get in I don't know.

Sounds a bit like that air craft was the unlucky one. It spent just over the hour on the ground at CWL till it made the hop over to BRS.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock