Weather & Technical Diversions, Delays & Cancellations

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
This mornings Flybe DUB-CWL 09.50 arrival has been cancelled. This will have a knock on effect on Jersey and today's other 2 Dublin rotations as this is the 'based/overnighted' aircraft.

superking

Premium Member
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2013
This sort of thing will happen when services cut to the bone. I recon it will happen a lot due to the aircraft type, dash 8 not the most reliable of aircraft.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Re last post, I wonder why this flight diverted to CWL. It was due at LGW at 2135 and flights have been landing there for a while now since the earlier strongwind problems.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
It does seem a bit out of the way when I'd have thought other closer airports could be used. Still nice to see an Easyjet landing! Just a shame it's not regular!

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
It does seem a bit out of the way when I'd have thought other closer airports could be used. Still nice to see an Easyjet landing! Just a shame it's not regular!
You'd have thought it would have gone to BRS if it was coming west for some reason. It's an easyJet base and there should be room given the new stands and the loss of Thomas Cook. Despite the very strong and gusty winds there today only one inbound flight diverted, an Aer Lingus Regional ATR from Cork that went to CWL at teatime.

superking

Premium Member
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2013
You'd have thought it would have gone to BRS if it was coming west for some reason. It's an easyJet base and there should be room given the new stands and the loss of Thomas Cook. Despite the very strong and gusty winds there today only one inbound flight diverted, an Aer Lingus Regional ATR from Cork that went to CWL at teatime.
Positioned over to BRS a little later. Don't know if pax were onboard.

Selig

Jun 25, 2017
Bridgend
Why are some flights diverting to Cardiff, others not?
BA 226 Atlanta-Heathrow has just passed over Cardiff on its way to Heathrow.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Why are some flights diverting to Cardiff, others not?
BA 226 Atlanta-Heathrow has just passed over Cardiff on its way to Heathrow.
Maybe the restrictions are lifted now? And there is only so much CWL can deal with. 3 widebody aircraft in such a short space of time will be quite a lot to deal with for the airport.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Sadly it looks like they're starting to head back to Heathrow.
Screenshot_20200205-113337_Flightradar24.jpg

bluebols

Apr 25, 2014
Due to fly to Lanzarote on Sunday afternoon from CWL and the winds are forecast to be 50 - 60 mph. Hopefully it is a straight westerly, in which case I am assuming there won't be any delays ! I cannot see our rugby fans coming back into Fishguard somehow.

Cardiffbay

Feb 18, 2018
Cardiff
Due to fly to Lanzarote on Sunday afternoon from CWL and the winds are forecast to be 50 - 60 mph. Hopefully it is a straight westerly, in which case I am assuming there won't be any delays ! I cannot see our rugby fans coming back into Fishguard somehow.
South westerly forecast which will mean straight crosswind. Hope you get away on time.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
So apparently a lot of the airports around the UK might have fog tomorrow except CWL so maybe some more diversions tomorrow.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.