Yes, at around the time Eurowings start their flights easyjet do the route 4x weekly in winter but looks like during this summer will be 3x weekly.

Eurowings are showing BRS-PRG 3 x weekly (F, Su, M) from the end of October this year until the end of March 2022 in their website booking engine so I've opened a Eurowings thread.

easyJet has operated from BRS to PRG for well over a decade. In recent years pre-pandemic it was 6/7 weekly year-round. In 2019 the route carried 97,500 passengers.

The next 12 months or so are less than this according to the booking engine but frequency is gradually increasing next year:

From 20 July 2021 then August to October 3 x weekly
November and December 2021 4 x weekly
January 2022 2 x weekly
February and March 2022 4 x weekly
April to June 2022 5 x weekly
July and August 2022 6 x weekly
September 2022 5 x weekly

In the coming winter at least two of the days each week due to be operated by Eurowings are also operated by easyJet. Eurowings seem to be concentrating on weekend travel - Friday, Sunday, Monday.

It's a shame that if Eurowings intend this to be a regular service rather than just one this winter to reflect the pandemic issue they didn't find a route not operated at BRS. Munich would have been good but Eurowings don't seem to operate to the UK from Munich. MUC has been absent since bmiregional/flybmi went out of business.

Eurowings have operated at BRS before. In 2008-2009 they did the BRS-FRA route for Lufthansa at 3 x daily with Bae 146-300 aircraft.

Still no press release on the BRS website. I don't know if the airport advertised the route on social media. I can't remember if it's been mentioned on BRS's regular email circulations to customers.

It seems it's still going ahead from the end of this month at 3 x weekly but nothing beyond the end of next March in the booking engine. It's certainly an odd one given easyJet's long term 'possession' of the BRS-PRG route.

Today's news email that I received from BRS led with the Eurowings start-up. As I mentioned in my previous post I can't remember reading anything official from the airport concerning Eurowings until now. There is still nothing in the website news section.

You'd have thought that they would be promoting a new airline to the hilt!

You'd have thought that they would be promoting a new airline to the hilt!
Prague is also a longstanding easyJet route.

I don't know if that has a bearing.

But Jet2 are established on many Easyjet routes and they have advertised them?
Jet2 will be a major presence. Eurowings is currently operating for the coming winter only, or at least the booking engine goes no further than the end of March next year.

When it was announced I thought it might be one of those temporary opportunistic routes that the pandemic has thrown up in various places. If not, why go up against an established easyJet route with an airline not well known in the BRS catchment when there could be more obvious opportunities elsewhere? I add the rider that this is the view of someone outside the industry and industry professionals tasked with such things would have a clear reason for their actions.

If Eurowings does turn out to be on the route for one season only - and BRS might have an idea of their intentions - there might not be too much of an imperative for the airport to go out of its way to advertise the route.

It's an assumption and I could be way off the mark but the fact remains that BRS doesn't seem to have splashed this route. Not that I've been aware anyway. It might have been/be on local commercial radio for example but I never listen to those stations. The same applies with social media. It's not just the airport that would normally be looking to advertise a new airline (strictly speaking a returning one because Eurowings used to operate Frankfurt for Lufthansa); the airline itself has an interest.

We've discussed before the apparent low key approach by BRS to Eurowings and their Prague route.

For the rest of November there is no Sunday flight in the booking engine, only Mondays and Fridays. At the moment December, January, February and March are mainly 3 x weekly with the Sunday flight included. Still nothing after the end of March.

Eurowings also fly from Birmingham to Prague but on the BHX airport web site it only mentions jet 2, you would think airports would be more proactive about flights that actually are operating

Eurowings also fly from Birmingham to Prague but on the BHX airport web site it only mentions jet 2, you would think airports would be more proactive about flights that actually are operating
What has been surprising about the Eurowings service that was announced in June is that Bristol Airport never issued a press release or if they did it wasn't put on the airport's website.

An interrogation of the Where Can I Fly? section of the website shows both the easyJet and Eurowings services to Prague.

easyJet is operating a reduced service this winter at no more than 4 x weekly (2 x weekly in November and January) with Eurowings at 3 x weekly albeit November seems to have been reduced to 2 x weekly. The two airlines also operate on the same day twice each week.

Next summer easyJet's timetable shows a return to normal at 5, later 6 x weekly. That might be the reason why there is no Eurowings availability beyond the end of next March.

Good news:

Eurowings will increase the Prague to Bristol route to 4 weekly flights in Summer 2022. If they haven’t put flights on sale beyond March then they will at some point soon.

Source: SeanM1997 on twitter.

Good news:

Eurowings will increase the Prague to Bristol route to 4 weekly flights in Summer 2022. If they haven’t put flights on sale beyond March then they will at some point soon.

Source: SeanM1997 on twitter.
Thanks for that. Eurowings booking engine now showing 4 x weekly next summer (M, W, F, Su). With easyJet's 5/6 weekly next summer that's a lot of seating capacity for Prague.

I'm conscious that some of my posts might have sounded unnecessarily negative about Eurowings. If so that was not my intention. The concern I have is that there might not be enough passenger traffic for two airlines to Prague, especially at the currently timetabled 10 x weekly for next summer.

For Eurowings to continue their service to Prague into next summer, and at an increased frequency over this winter, seems to suggest that they are confident about the route.

Eurowimgs has suspended its Prague service from BRS until the first week in February. easyJet has done the same.

The summer timetable is now showing 3 x weekly. Previously it was 4 x weekly. easyJet remains at 5/6 weekly.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock