Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
The FR156 DUB-LBA diverted into DSA last night. FOG reduced the vis down to 175m

Re: Diversions, Delays & Cancellations

And, the Ryanair FR9076 from Alicante diverted from DSA to LBA on Thursday morning because of snow at Donny

Last nights (Sat 21/02/09) Ryanair FR9078 from Alicante to Leeds Bradford Diverted to DSA due to cross winds at Leeds, Passengers transfered from leeds to Donny departed about 23.30 :good:

I ddn't think it was just cross winds at Leeds. The wind was not even above limits from what I can tell, but due to very unusual atmospheric conditions there was severe wind shear on final approach which led to the Ryanair and a BMi diverting. Later flights got in OK.

• Admin

Welcome to the forum '85in3'

• Admin

The LS324, the Belfast International to Leeds Bradford service has diverted into Doncaster this morning because of high winds at Leeds.

DSA were the grateful recipients of two Jet2 diverts this morning from AMS and BFS due to fog at LBA. Someone should tell DSA folk though that on Ceefax arrivals pages, they should be showing the inbound diverts as 'Landed', not 'Diverted', which applies when their inbound flights divert elsewhere. You would think that after several years in business they would know how to do this by now. They get few enough flights without showing a couple of gifts from LBA as Diverted!

• Admin

Albanian Airlines flight LV8532 has diverted from LBA into DSA. The airline has apparently been refused landing permission. The airline now has three flights showing as indefinite delay at Leeds so it's unclear whether or not any of them will depart.

• Admin

Things seem to be changing fast. The airline is expected to reposition back into Leeds at 2210.

If they didn't pay at LBA then they certainly hadn't at DSA, yet they let them land anyway. Dsperation? Nothing to do? Trying to pinch all the Albanian Hajj flights from LBA?

i heard that the airline had a suitcase with the money in for the fuel. Lba wouldn't accept this but dsa would. But to be honest this all sounds a bit far fetched to me.

This morings Flybe Gatwick - Leeds service and Manx2 Isle of Man - Leeds service diverted into Doncaster due weather at Leeds.

This morings Flybe Gatwick - Leeds service and Manx2 Isle of Man - Leeds service diverted into Doncaster due weather at Leeds

................Bringing their total arrivals for the day to 5 as they only had 3 scheduled for today according to their arrivals board. Even with the 2 LBA departures, the maximum number of passengers they could handle today, assuming all aircraft were full both ways, would be around 1300 based on 2 x A320 (Wizz), 1 737-800, (TOM) 1 x Dash 8 Q400 (Flybe) and 1 LET (Manx 2). Not very good! I do wonder what their staff do with themselves all day whilst waiting for the next arrival?

The KLM Amsterdam - Leeds service diverted into DSA this evening due fog at Leeds. They couldn't use the CATIII autoland.

I don't think the Fokkers have CAT III only CAT II.

Well at least it gave them something to do. Since KLM normally divert to HUY or MAN, or even DTV, I can't help wondering what DSA did to entice them into there. Perhaps the crew felt sorry for them having nothing to do all day! Yesterday there were no scheduled arrivals to DSA (according to Ceefax) until 1800 when a TOM flight from Paphos was due. I looked again later in the evening and it just said 'no arrivals today', so it must have been about the quietest day on record at Donny yesterday.

Yesterdays Jet2 flight from Lanzarote to Leeds diverted to Doncaster because of a snow storm at Leeds.

Mike Morton said Doncaster had been better able to cope than Leeds because of the north to south direction of the runway, which made it less vulnerable to cross winds when pilots were carrying out instrument landings.

The Doncaster 'spin doctor' at work there. The wind yesterday evening was virtually calm at Leeds and it played no part in the Jet2 diversion to Doncaster. Leeds just couldn't re open the runway quick enough to facilitate the flight so Jet2 had to divert to Doncaster.

Since they obviously don't have many flights to deal with these days, they appear to have plenty of time to come up with rubbish like this. Clearly they waste no opportunity to have a go at LBA. Quite funny reall - obviously Santa think so too!

santa_laughing.gif

The BBC has reported that the airport has been snow closed all day.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock