• Admin

Expert Tips for Travelling On a Budget

duy-pham-Cecb0_8Hx-o-unsplash.jpg

Everybody likes to get away now and then, but when you're watching your pennies, you don't always feel comfortable spending on a travel adventure. Luckily, there are a lot of different ways to tweak your dream travel plans to make them more suitable for a tight budget. Whether you're looking to make the most of your spring break or just trying to find fresh territory to explore, Forums4airports offers some of the most useful tips to help you save money when travelling.

Three Words: Priceline Express Deals​

There are a lot of travel sites that offer good discounts, but it's pretty hard to beat the hotel discounts you can find using Priceline Express Deals. When booking a hotel room, you won't know the name of the property in advance, but you'll know its general neighbourhood, be able to see its star and guest ratings, and have a chance to read pertinent information about it, all while paying a fraction of what you'd pay if you knew the name of the property in advance.

Think of the unknown aspects as part of the adventure—it may seem risky, but it's a risk that pays off when you take it. What’s more, you can top off your great deal with savings opportunities and coupons from other websites like Rakuten. By double-dipping, you can really get the most bang for your buck!

Seize the Almighty Discount​

A lot of people know where to find discounts for their everyday shopping, but when it comes to travelling, you might feel like your hands are tied. However, if you think in terms of your unique circumstances, you can often snag great deals.

There are discounts out there for a myriad of niches. Students can find discounts in restaurants, travel insurance, and so forth, and likewise military members and veterans can catch deals on nearly all aspects of travel. Seniors are often eligible for discounts from major airlines, chain restaurants, and hotels, and if they are taking a road trip they can even catch deals on a tuneup. Mums and dads can save when they travel as well, thanks to things like free airline tickets and meals for the kids.

Travel During Off-Peak Hours and Dates​

No matter which mode of travel you're looking to book, traveling during less popular times can be a great way to get heavily discounted tickets. For instance, Southern Living notes Tuesday around midnight is a low-cost time to fly. When you’re booking your transportation, be sure to explore the “off” days and times for great deals. The red-eye can save you money, and you can always use that time to snooze.

If you run a business, be sure to plan your travel around important time-sensitive tasks like filing your annual or biennial report with the authorities. Using an online formation service like ZenBusiness.com to file your paperwork is a smart way to stay organised and on top of deadlines. In fact, ZenBusiness will notify you of upcoming dates and help with your filing so your company stays in compliance.

Split Costs With Your Friends​

Travelling alone is almost never as fun as travelling with a crew, and Lazy Trips explains that gathering friends is also the key to saving money on a road trip. Hitting the road with your squad is that you all can split the costs of your grand adventure! Whether you cozy up four to a hotel room or look for youth hostels where you can all crash in a big room together, having extra people often has a way of making the accommodations cheaper.

You also may be able to get group discounts for tours or events when travelling if you ask. If you have a lot of people, getting a vacation rental home with a kitchen so you can cook meals together is a great way to cut down on food costs. Just be sure to take everyone’s interests into account so your adventure is fun for all.

Travelling doesn't have to also be prohibitively expensive. Of course, when travelling, be aware of some of the safety risks involved, especially when trying to stretch a budget. Sometimes what seems like a good deal is actually a scam. But the trip of a lifetime is within reach for even the most cash-strapped travellers—the key is to get creative and look for unique ways to pull it off!

Image courtesy of Unsplash

My tip is if you do not need to check in a bag, try to travel with a ruck sack instead of a pull along. Since the budget airlines changed their policies on what you can take into the cabin, I dropped the pull along in favour of my rucksack, this is still free, also much easier when you have to go up and down stairs.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock