• Admin

Melbourne Airport passenger performance October 2022

1669813353631.png
The number of passengers using Melbourne Airport continues to increase as international airlines add more capacity amid strong demand from travellers.

A total of 2,570,990 passengers passed through the airport’s four terminals in October, the highest monthly figure since the start of the pandemic.

The figure represents 78% of the 3,305,457 passengers recorded in October 2019, with international travellers at 65% of pre-pandemic levels and domestic travel at 83%.

October passenger numbers were bolstered by Melbourne’s major events, including the T20 Cricket World
Cup and the Spring Racing Carnival.

Melbourne Airport Chief Executive Officer Lorie Argus said October had also been a significant month for international capacity increases.

“We now have thousands more seats and extra cargo capacity after Qatar Airways added a second daily flight from Melbourne to Doha, and United Airlines resumed flights to Los Angeles while increasing its San Francisco service to daily,” she said.

“This is the result of hard work from our Aviation team and the State Government who have been making the case for airlines to fly their planes to Melbourne rather than anywhere else.

“The 151st IATA slots conference being held this week at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre provides the opportunity for us to make the case for Victoria to hundreds of airline executives in person.

“Having direct connections to our state is vital not just for our exporters, but also for businesses in tourism and education that rely on ease of access.

“We’re also pleased to have been able to sign a pricing agreement with our major airlines for the next three years that is uniquely targeted to support the post pandemic recovery of the aviation sector.”

Passenger figures for October 2022:
PassengersOctober 2022October 2021Growth (%)*
International610,06912,400+4,820%
Domestic1,960,92137,607+5,114%
Total (ex transits)2,570,99050,007+5,041%
*Monthly percentage growth compared to October 2021
Passenger figures for Financial Year
PassengersFinancial Year 2022/23Financial Year 2021/22Growth (%)*
International2,321,39685,898+2,603%
Domestic7,562,454547,349+1,282 %
Total (ex transits)9,883,850633,247+1,461%
*percentage growth compared to FY 2021/22

For further information please contact Melbourne Airport media on +61 3 9335 3666.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock