• Admin

Record-breaking number of destinations at LBA

1673287665405.png
Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) has announced that a record-breaking number of destinations are now available to book for 2023 and 2024.

For the first time in its history, LBA will feature 80 destinations across year-round and regular seasonal charters throughout the 2023/2024 schedule.

There are multiple new destinations available in this package, including Bergen (Norway), Porto (Portugal) and Perpignan (France). Recent additions of Katowice (Poland), Bucharest (Romania) and Cluj (Romania) will also continue into the new year.

Alongside these new destinations, popular favourites such as Tenerife (Canary Islands), Faro (Portugal) and Palma (Majorca) remain mainstays of the holiday calendar, with increased capacity introduced due to popular demand.

To cater for this boosted schedule, LBA has made significant investment to its terminal, undertaking an extensive redevelopment of its Hall A facilities. The check-in hall, which services all airlines apart from Jet2, is being configured to optimise space and operate with self-service kiosk capabilities. As part of this development, Hall A will be given a new Scandinavian inspired design, with modern lighting and wooden screening.

Multiple retail and F&B units are receiving upgrades during the winter, with LBA already debuting a refreshed Burger King and Leeds United store in late 2022. Upgrade works to other retail and F&B units together with the Lounges at LBA will also be completed before summer 2023.

In preparation for the upcoming holiday season, LBA is underway with a wide recruitment drive, ensuring ample capacity to meet demand during busy peak periods.

Lindsay Beresford, HR Director of LBA, said: “As we head into a peak summer period with more destinations than we have ever seen before we are looking for strong local talent to join our team that supports our ambitions to be a leading airport, connecting Yorkshire to the world. We’d love to hear from you and are currently receiving applications through our website for multiple roles across the business”

John Cunliffe, Commercial & Strategy Director at LBA, said: “With the broadest range of destinations ever, we know that the coming years will be fantastic for LBA passengers. Whether it’s holidaymakers returning to their favourite beaches, travel to see distant family or adventures to new countries, there is something for everybody. We’re incredibly proud of the work being done to make travelling through LBA the best experience possible, and we look forward to welcoming passengers old and new in 2023 and beyond.”

You can explore LBA’s destinations by visiting its website at: www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/flights/destinations. Vacancies can been seen and applications made also via the website at https://www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/work-with-us/jobs

Terminal extension is the key development for me. The refurbishment phase is welcome but for any significant release of pressure, extra floor space is paramount. I really do have concerns how the facilities will cope this Summer. Is there any reason why the extension phase is not commencing until late 23? After all, the groundworks and planning consent are all completed and I do not foresee how the extension will impact on business as usual during the busyS23 that lays ahead?

Terminal extension is the key development for me. The refurbishment phase is welcome but for any significant release of pressure, extra floor space is paramount. I really do have concerns how the facilities will cope this Summer. Is there any reason why the extension phase is not commencing until late 23? After all, the groundworks and planning consent are all completed and I do not foresee how the extension will impact on business as usual during the busyS23 that lays ahead?
The plans were being re-worked by new management, to improve the layout, which takes time, and that then needs to be costed. The board wanted revised costs plus assurance that the airports passenger figures would bounce back to pre Covid levels before they signed off the scheme. Recent events should satisfy them.

Once signed off, it will go to tender. That will be a month or two as after bidding, several contractors are usually interviewed by the design team prior to the contract being awarded.
Once a contractor is appointed, they need to work with the entire design team to agree a programme of works, and place orders for the materials needed, such as steelwork, concrete, heating and ventilation, glass etc., all of which is custom made and has to be delivered in accordance with the programme of works. It's a huge and complex thing to organise, and something where rushing is a recipe for disaster.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock