Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
After recent feedback we have reinstalled Hashtags onto the site.

How to use Hashtags...?

The way they work on Forums4airports is similar to the way they work on other sites such as ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- or Twitter. If you are reporting on a particular subject you can add a hashtag so people can find your post easily meaning your post will get a wider audience if people choose to follow the subject you are posting on.

For example the airline #Play has recently withdrawn slot applications from #Manchester #Birmingham and #LeedsBradford By incorporating hashtags onto keywords they will then appear in an order of appearance on the homepage. They appear as "trends", so the more people who use a particular hashtag, the more likely that particular subject will trend higher.

If you wish you can follow a subject by following one of the hashtags. Every time someone uses the hashtag you are following, you will receive a forum alert notification, or email if you prefer.

The Hashtag "cloud" (It's what they're know as) which is the list of popular or trending words is located on the main homepage at the bottom of the right side column.

If you have any questions please ask here and we will try to answer them.

Last edited:
I'm with you Scottie Dog, I don't use any social media, so telling me its like ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- or Twitter doesn't mean any thing.

• Admin
I'm with you Scottie Dog, I don't use any social media, so telling me its like ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- or Twitter doesn't mean any thing.
Well strictly speaking you do because you're using it now. 😉

Here's a definition of social media:

"The term social media refers to a computer-based technology that facilitates the sharing of ideas, thoughts, and information through virtual networks and communities. "

And here are some different types of social media:

"Social media may take the form of a variety of tech-enabled activities. These activities include photo sharing, blogging, social gaming, social networks, video sharing, business networks, virtual worlds, reviews, and much more."

Source: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/social-media.asp

This is the definition of a forum:

"a place on the internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time:"

Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/forum

F4A as a forum is ultimately a website that enables users to create and share content which is basically the definition of social media ;)

It just shows how little I know about "Tech matters"
I will now be able to tell my teenage grandchildren that I use Social Media. (I don't have to use ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-, do I?) :unsure:

(I don't have to use ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-, do I?) :unsure:

Nope, entirely optional and your choice, it's just ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- is considered one of, if not, the biggest social media sites these days...

Most teenagers I know say they don't use ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-, its very much has-been. They're all using Instagram and Ticktok etc

Most teenagers I know say they don't use ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-, its very much has-been. They're all using Instagram and Ticktok etc

I understand that's because their parents are on it and they don't want them to know what they're up to. I have no doubt FB will be superseded by something else, just as the likes of MySpace and Bebo were. Anyhow for those that are sceptical, #HashTags are a very great resource and make it easy to find what you're interested in very quickly. I believe Twitter started it and then the others followed suit by enabling them when they learned how easy and popular it became to be made use of when looking for the latest trends so I hope our userbase will be willing to give it a try :)

For those who still don't understand hashtags, they don't just appear they need to be placed into your posts by adding # at the beginning of key important words that are relevant to your post. Others can click on those hashtags and request to follow them so they're invited to look at every post containing the same # hashtags. If your chosen hashtag contains more than one word they need to be placed without gaps #StartUsingHashtags #HashTags
If you use a hashtag created by another user, they will be alerted to your post too.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock