pug said:
Somebody on the fruit, who I think works in scheduling at FR has suggested that only the TFS flight at 1 weekly instead of 2, is due to run next summer... Though he does say that it could change.

A coincidence that TFS, ALC and FAO will be increased from LBA? Also that they have tested the water with ALC at HUY? Along with the 'no growth at LPL' that was mentioned by MoL last week?

It seems something might be happening behind the scenes, but of course absolutely nothing official yet.

Hi, Is there any update on this rumour Pug?

Not yet Aviador, though when I checked the FR timetables last week, HUY to ALC has been uploaded for S12, only the TFS flight on a monday has been uploaded on their timetable for DSA.

I think we might be seeing a shift in the market, someone posted up on fruit that passengers from South Yorkshire currently use FR at EMA and LBA. With growth at MAN and LBA, and the ALC flights seemingly doing ok from HUY (at the expense of MME), then it seems Peel/VAS airports might lose out in the short term.

Of course just rumours, and anything could happen between now and January, but I fully believe that HUY provides an option for FR without impacting on EMA/LBA too much, where it might to with their DSA operations. Particularly after it has been suggested that a large number of seats had been sold via travel agents in the Humber region.

Ryanair add Robin Hood – Girona flights

Irish airline Ryanair has announced it will launch announced 19 new routes from Girona (near Barcelona), Spain, including to Robin Hood Airport. Tickets are on sale for the new flights today on the budget airline's website.

Ryanair’s Girona based aircraft will grow from four to nine for this summer. The new flights will take off at the end of March, when the budget airline launches its summer 2012 flights schedule.

Source

This is bloody typical, we've just booked flights with jet2 to fly from LBA to Barcelona then train upto Girrona from there, if i'd have known that Ryanair would be operating a Girrona flight from Robin Hood we would have waited and booked with ryanair.

Looks like Ryanair will not be operating any flights from DSA this winter. GRO was probably a seasonal route but TFS, which had operated last winter, has been axed.

I notice that this morning that EI-SEV travelled up from EMA and is currently doing touch and go circuits at DSA. Do RYR regularly use DSA fror pilot training or are they looking at it as an alternative for diverts or, more interestingly, are they looking to re-commence ops from DSA? Anyone any clues?

I notice that this morning that EI-SEV travelled up from EMA and is currently doing touch and go circuits at DSA. Do RYR regularly use DSA fror pilot training or are they looking at it as an alternative for diverts or, more interestingly, are they looking to re-commence ops from DSA? Anyone any clues?
Ryanair do regulary use Doncaster for training purposes.

Thanks both. I had hoped for a Ryan return as some competition on the bucket and spade routes would shake things up a bit but I suppose, for whatever reason, Peel are content with what they have got at the moment or are worried about Tui and Flybe taking flight (excuse the pun please) if Ryan came back.

Thanks both. I had hoped for a Ryan return as some competition on the bucket and spade routes would shake things up a bit but I suppose, for whatever reason, Peel are content with what they have got at the moment or are worried about Tui and Flybe taking flight (excuse the pun please) if Ryan came back.

The airport in there master plan obviously talk up pax numbers and where they want to grow to, if the airport is to grow they are going to have to bring a loco in that actually stays and doesn't disappear 12 months down the line if that upsets current carrier's it is unfortunate but no loco no significant growth.

For me that loco could be something outside the box the dark horse at DSA could be Wizz Air UK they have started at Luton sensibly but DSA offer's an ideal opportunity for both the airport and carrier to bring something different to the table.

I wonder if Ryan Air would ever consider some of the dropped Eastern European Wizz flights.
I'd think that would be a huge risk that Ryanair simply wouldn't take they've only ever had minimal routes from DSA in the past and if they were to fly again from DSA it would be a similar situation. Unfortunately what Wizz are going to offer from now on will be as good as it ever gets on the Eastern European scene and I'd only expect the network to shrink further in all honesty.

I think, as I've said in the thread on Wizz Air/Doncaster, Ryanair will funnel any Eastern European capacity through Leeds Bradford.

If Ryanair are to turn up in Doncaster, expect in my opinion, Alicante, Faro, Palma, and Tenerife. That is about the only offering you'll get from Ryanair at Doncaster. Not to say that wouldn't and couldn't make a profit from those routes however.

I think you can never say never with Ryanair. They are the masses of negotiation often playing one airport.off against another. However I hate to say it that it’s TUI who see to the only ones that can get DSA to work. FR probably a long way away just now

I think you can never say never with Ryanair. They are the masses of negotiation often playing one airport.off against another. However I hate to say it that it’s TUI who see to the only ones that can get DSA to work. FR probably a long way away just now
Agree, not one airline will come near DSA at present with the total carnage in the industry. It is hard enough for DSA in the good times never mind at present.

Agree, not one airline will come near DSA at present with the total carnage in the industry. It is hard enough for DSA in the good times never mind at present.
Maybe they will return if they’re offered an unbeatable deal to do so, but I don’t think it’ll be a priority now that there’s no longer a competitor to bat away.

The demand for Eastern European flights is significantly lower than it was when Wizz were operating more Eastern routes from DSA.

I agree that the current offering is as good as it will get and will likely reduce further as demand continues to weaken.

The airport now solely relies on TUI for its passenger operation. If they ever reduce significantly or pull the plug, then it is game over.

I'm wondering if the recent high level resignations at the airport are down to this fear

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock