Oneworld Alliance

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
Discussion thread for the Oneworld Alliance.

Advertisement

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
I don't think it has been mentioned before but Kingfisher Airlines of India has recently joined the Oneworld Alliance.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
S7 Airlines of Russia has announced that it is to sign up to the Oneworld Alliance.

News Guru

Administrator
Apr 10, 2010
EUROPE
[textarea]Oneworld alliance launch iPad app

The Oneworld alliance has launched a new iPad app, allowing flyers to view the schedules of all of its airlines on the device's large screen display.

Using the free app, passengers can search for and view schedules for the 10,000 flights operated daily by members of the alliance, including American Airlines, BA, Cathay Pacific, Iberia and Japan Airlines. The app displays both non-stop flights and connections, flight numbers, length and total journey time, along with terminals and the aircraft used for the flight.

Source[/textarea]

News Guru

Administrator
Apr 10, 2010
EUROPE
[textarea]BA to restrict frequent flier airport lounge access

British Airways is removing 'anytime access' to its airport lounges. BA's 'Open Doors' privilege was a key benefit for its top-tier Executive Club Gold cardholders, who could use the lounges no matter what airline they were flying with.

However, from June 17, Executive Club Gold members will only be able to use BA lounges when travelling on British Airways flights, BA codeshares or flights operated by Oneworld partners such as Iberia, American, Qantas and Cathay Pacific.

Source[/textarea]

craigston_tom

Feb 4, 2009
Seems the latest member of the Oneworld Alliance is due to be formally announced this coming Monday as Qatar Airways.

It follows a change of plan by Middle Eastern Airlines, with them staying clear of joining any of the big 3 alliances in the past.

Emirates has signed an agreement with QANTAS forming a partnership with the Australian flag carrier which will see it re-route their Kangaroo Route services through Dubai instead of through Singapore.

Story here about Qatar Airways and Oneworld: http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature. ... g&region=2

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
Hi craigston_tom

Does this mean the previous separate deal between British Airways and Qantas is off?

Seasider

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2009
East Coast
Hope you don't mind me answering, but I belive it was announced about 1 month before they announced the tie up with Emirates.

craigston_tom

Feb 4, 2009
Seasider said:
Hope you don't mind me answering, but I believe it was announced about 1 month before they announced the tie up with Emirates.
Don't mind at all Seasider, we're all here to discuss and share info.

Yes Aviador, the previous separate Joint Services Agreement with British Airways ends officially on the 31st March 2013. This is the end to a 15-year partnership between the two carriers. However, both airlines will still continue to code share on each others other flights, it is just the historic Kangaroo route that is ending.

It begs the question as to what British Airways will do with regards to their own Australian services?

Advertisement

Top Bottom