Advertisement

easyJet

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,161
Just booked my first departing flight from Bristol. Will be my first flight from there since i was a child.
Booked Easyjet to Madrid on the 24/4/19. One way £48 with seat selection. Will also be my first trip report from Bristol!
I hope you enjoy the experience. I take it you will return by another route (and carrier?). Will look forward to your trip report.

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,162

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #1,163
I hope you enjoy the experience. I take it you will return by another route (and carrier?). Will look forward to your trip report.
Yep the plan is Madrid to Frankfurt and then either Franfurt to Heathrow or Frankfurt to Cardiff via AMS or maybe CDG haven't decided that bit yet. Looking forward to seeing what BRS is like departure wise.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,164
Yep the plan is Madrid to Frankfurt and then either Franfurt to Heathrow or Frankfurt to Cardiff via AMS or maybe CDG haven't decided that bit yet. Looking forward to seeing what BRS is like departure wise.
Sounds a nice little trip. I take it you will overnight in Madrid. It's a city my wife have never been to and one we keep saying we must visit on one of out city breaks.

Our son-in-law worked there for two years 15-20 years ago, and our son has also worked there and visited several times for leisure, the most recent being last November. We really must go. Porto is another on our list.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #1,165
Sounds a nice little trip. I take it you will overnight in Madrid. It's a city my wife have never been to and one we keep saying we must visit on one of out city breaks.
Yep Madrid and Frankfurt. The flight with LATAM i'm hoping to take from MAD to FRA is in the afternoon so i might see how easy it is to go into the city centre in the morning or maybe do a bit of planespotting. My sister has been into the city and thought it was nice.
I've been to Lisbon in Portugal and thought that was a nice city not been to Porto though. Maybe i should put it on the list for a future trip report!

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,166
Yep Madrid and Frankfurt. The flight with LATAM i'm hoping to take from MAD to FRA is in the afternoon so i might see how easy it is to go into the city centre in the morning or maybe do a bit of planespotting. My sister has been into the city and thought it was nice.
I've been to Lisbon in Portugal and thought that was a nice city not been to Porto though. Maybe i should put it on the list for a future trip report!
We've done Lisbon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Still relevant to the BRS easyJet thread as easyJet flies to Lisbon from Bristol.;)

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,167
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/easyjet-flight-bristol-airport-booking-2393280

'Humiliated' woman removed from overbooked easyJet flight at Bristol Airport

It seems the flight to Geneva was overbooked and the woman was taken off the flight. It doesn't say when the incident occurred.

easyJet stated that the original aircraft was scheduled to be a 186-seater A320 but it had been switched to a 180-seat A320 and 181 passengers were booked to fly. The airline does admit overbooking on occasions though.

I thought that all easyJet A320 aircraft were delivered new with 186 seats and all the older ones converted to 186 seats. That appears not to be so. The Web seat selector never seems to show more than 180 seats.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,168
Apropos my previous post, my alter ego has discovered elsewhere on the Internet that as of yesterday 125 easyJet A320s have 186 seats and 63 have 180 seats.

It was reported in 2015 that from May 2016 easyJet’s new A320s would be configured with 186 seats, while the existing fleet would be retrofitted to include six more seats from the winter of 2016, with the retrofit expected to be completed by the summer of 2018.

They seem to have slipped some way behind that timescale.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #1,169
My Madrid flight will be on an A319. I selected seat 7f. Does anyone know if this will give me a good view of the engine for my video and photos?

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,170
My Madrid flight will be on an A319. I selected seat 7f. Does anyone know if this will give me a good view of the engine for my video and photos?
Looking at Seat Guru that seat is level with the leading edge of the wing.

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/EasyJet_Airlines/easyJet_Airlines_Airbus_A319.php

When we fly on easyJet A319s we book seats 25 E and F as there is access to two windows (almost). That's no good to you of course if you want to be in a position to video the engine.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,172
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/easyjet-flight-bristol-airport-booking-2393280

'Humiliated' woman removed from overbooked easyJet flight at Bristol Airport

It seems the flight to Geneva was overbooked and the woman was taken off the flight. It doesn't say when the incident occurred.

easyJet stated that the original aircraft was scheduled to be a 186-seater A320 but it had been switched to a 180-seat A320 and 181 passengers were booked to fly. The airline does admit overbooking on occasions though.

I thought that all easyJet A320 aircraft were delivered new with 186 seats and all the older ones converted to 186 seats. That appears not to be so. The Web seat selector never seems to show more than 180 seats.
This story reached the local ITV News this evening. The woman was interviewed and a well-known travel journalist was asked for his views - one Mr SC.

It does seem, and easyJet appear to have accepted the fact, that the situation should have been sorted before passengers boarded. The flight was the 0600 BRS-GVA service on Saturday 29 December. When the woman was offloaded easyJet put her in a taxi to Gatwick Airport to fly from there. During the taxi journey she realised that her ongoing coach or bus connection to her ski resort would have left and the next one would not be until the following day. She therefore elected to return in the taxi to BRS and aborted her holiday.

On Saturdays easyJet operates five departures to Geneva from BRS: 0600 (the flight subject of this incident), 1055, 1250, 1615, 1715.

Presumably the next one was also fully booked and those after that might not have got her to Geneva in time to catch her ongoing surface connection. Overbooked flights happen but they are usually sorted out before passengers board.

kfs

May 11, 2018
Devon
Noted on the other forum that yesterday's EZY6015 was the second arrival at the new Corvera airport for Murcia. https://murciatoday.com/first-flights-land-at-corvera-airport-_798357-a.html Sad to see MJV close - I flew into there a couple of times and the landing by the Mar Menor was lovely. RMU (Corvera) has been a real saga - fifteen years ago I recall being told that next year it would be opened. More convenient for inland and Cartagena but a longer drive/transfer for those heading for the Costa Calida resorts.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,175
Noted on the other forum that yesterday's EZY6015 was the second arrival at the new Corvera airport for Murcia. https://murciatoday.com/first-flights-land-at-corvera-airport-_798357-a.html Sad to see MJV close - I flew into there a couple of times and the landing by the Mar Menor was lovely. RMU (Corvera) has been a real saga - fifteen years ago I recall being told that next year it would be opened. More convenient for inland and Cartagena but a longer drive/transfer for those heading for the Costa Calida resorts.
We got the news before that other forum - #1162 of 4 January above.;)

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,178
A quick look at August 2019 shows an extra weekly departure to GLA, BFS, PMI, SXF, BOD, SVQ as well as a 2x weekly LCA which starts in Oct 18. This is an increase of 8x departures per week on Summer 2018.
Interesting increases are GLA and BFS which both will now have 4x daily departures on a Monday (The BFS route will see a A320 departing BRS at 07:00 and an A319 departing at 08:00!)
PMI - There will 18x departures per week (3x daily on Mon, Tues, Fri and Sun)
SXF - now 6x weekly, Mo-Fr and Su
BOD - now 6x weekly, Tu-Su

Looks like 16x based aircraft on the Monday morning I took a look at - 7x A319s and 9x A320s (an increase of 1x A319 on Summer 18).
First wave A319 departures to AGP, BFS, CTA, FAO, NCL, PSA & SPU
First wave A320 departures to AMS, ATH, BFS, EDI, FNC, GLA, PFO, PMI & RMU (the new airport replacing MJV).
I have had a look at Friday and Saturdays and they also require 16 based aircraft. Interesting to note the changes to the planned number of based 319s/320s compared to a few weeks ago. Looking positive now
It looks as though the 16th aircraft will be needed from the first week in June. I've checked the first group of departures of the day on Mondays and Fridays for both the first week in June and the first week in August and the lists are the same for the corresponding days in both months, viz

Monday

0600 Catania
0605 Palma
0605 Malaga
0605 Split
0640 Murcia
0655 Faro
0700 Newcastle
0700 Belfast Int
0700 Amsterdam
0705 Paphos
0705 Edinburgh
0710 Glasgow
0720 Pisa
0725 Athens
0730 Funchal
0800 Belfast Int

Friday

0600 Catania
0605 Palma
0605 Malaga
0640 Murcia
0650 Faro
0655 Alicante
0700 Newcastle
0700 Lisbon
0700 Belfast Int
0700 Amsterdam
0705 Edinburgh
0705 Krakow
0715 Barcelona
0715 Tenerife
0725 Geneva
0730 Pisa

Marko1

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2013
When I had a look recently there was one slot not filled on a Wednesday am in August for a 320 and two slots in a Sunday ( one of each of a 319 and 320). I wonder what may fill them

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Thread starter Admin #1,180
When I had a look recently there was one slot not filled on a Wednesday am in August for a 320 and two slots in a Sunday ( one of each of a 319 and 320). I wonder what may fill them
They might be left unfilled to give a bit of breathing space. If not, they might be filled by extra rotations on existing routes rather than a new route.

Advertisement

Top Bottom