When I last looked there was 17 slots filled on a sat and Stockholm slot on Sunday was filled by Copenhagen
I suppose it might depend on how many aircraft are at BRS next summer. In recent years with an extra based aircraft appearing each summer, or at least for the main part of the summer, the airport has seen a regular increase in base size year by year. The trend began in the 'noughties' but took a breather during part of the recession.

Summer 2020
The summer schedule is out for next summer and comparing August 2020 to 2019, there are only minor changes (currently). Departures per week go from 386 in 2019 to 382 in 2020.
The changes are as follows:
Loss of
- 2x weekly ARN
- 2x weekly GOA.

Reduction of
- ZTH (reduced from 2x to 1x weekly)
- BFS (from 20x to 19x weekly)
- GLA (from 20x to 19x weekly)

Increase of
- DLM (from 3x to 4x weekly)
- CPH (from 3x to 4x weekly)
- NCE (from 10x to 11x weekly)

Of course it's very early days in the schedule and as it stands there is 1x less flight on a Tuesdays, Thursdays and 2x less on a Saturday - potential for a new 3x weekly route maybe - Tu/Th/Sa?
Also worth noting that that 2x A321s will be based at BRS from Nov so even if the number of flights remain the same as last summer, there will be an increase in the number of seats available.
Having said all of that, with the loss of TCX, who knows what EZY are planning now and if those plans include BRS/CWL/BHX etc!

Summer 2020
Following on from my last post, it seems that there are 17x departures every day during summer 2020, however some days there are 6x A319s, 9x A320s and 2x A321s, and other days 7x A319s, 8x A320s and 2x A321s. Either way that makes 18x based required or maybe one of the following options
- schedules are updated, and only 17x are required,
- the 18th aircraft is the spare A319/A320 and is switched between the two
- more routes and frequency increases to come

I be very surprised if easyJet doesn’t take up the early slots held by Thomas cook. Surely they can find 3 more aircraft ready for next summer ? I can’t imagine they would wait to see jet2 take advantage . Plus there is the impending release of the new look easyJet holidays

I be very surprised if easyJet doesn’t take up the early slots held by Thomas cook. Surely they can find 3 more aircraft ready for next summer ? I can’t imagine they would wait to see jet2 take advantage . Plus there is the impending release of the new look easyJet holidays
It's not beyond the realms of fantasy to think that easyJet might at least take up some of the Thomas Cook slack. I can't see them replacing everything by a long chalk. I wouldn't mind having to wipe egg off my face though.

Gibraltar

This morning I read on another aviation forum that BA is to stop its Gatwick-Gibraltar flights next summer and easyJet will take a summer break after mid-June on its Luton-Gibraltar service as apparently it did this year.

easyJet only serves Gibraltar from Gatwick, Luton, Manchester and Bristol. All are year-round although the LTN service is not for the entire summer as just pointed out. With the summer-only BA Gatwick-Gibraltar service ceasing, the only other UK route is BA's year-round service to Gibraltar from Heathrow.

It has to be hoped that the 2x weekly (3/4 x weekly in December and 3 x weekly through summer and 4 x weekly in part February and March) will not be reduced at some point as is the case with Luton. Loads have also seemed very good but of course that's only part of the story when it comes to viable routes.

It's not beyond the realms of fantasy to think that easyJet might at least take up some of the Thomas Cook slack. I can't see them replacing everything by a long chalk. I wouldn't mind having to wipe egg off my face though.
Turkey routes would be good as not much taken up by any one else,and TC did a lot of work to Turkey.

Turkey routes would be good as not much taken up by any one else,and TC did a lot of work to Turkey.
Yes. easyJet flies summer routes from BRS to Dalaman (mainly 4 x weekly) and to Bodrum (3 x weekly) but nothing to Antalya. They operate to Antalya from Gatwick, Manchester and Luton so it's not as if easyJet ignores that Turkish airport.

Heard that the first A321 will arrive on 15 November, an A320 will operate a rotation out to Alicante and the crew will transfer to an A321 there and operate back to Bristol
The seat selector for EZY6072 on Friday 15 November (the first of two easyJet flights from ALC to BRS that day) shows a 321 layout. Already 177 seats are shown as taken.

Yeap seems like Easyjet have gained the 35x weekly slot pairs (Not 735) that used to be owned by Thomas Cook.
It will interesting to see if they use them (presumably they will) and for what. That's an average of five a day which was probably slightly less than Thomas Cook used with their three based aircraft. Given easyJet's higher utilisation of its aircraft that might mean another two based aircraft (that would be 19 in total).

BRS is a level 3 co-ordinated airport in summer, level 2 in winter.

Re my #1,457 above, if easyJet does make full use of these extra slots - why acquire them otherwise? - I don't know what that would mean in terms of any hopes of tempting an airline such as Jet2. Perhaps BRS isn't bothered about Jet2 anyway.

As has been mentioned more than once recently, BRS's problems are twofold in terms of movements and passenger numbers: the night time movement and noise quota restrictions and the current 10 mppa cap. Presumably both would have to go or be modified if the airport is to reach its medium term target of 12 mppa. Could that be reached anyway without the significant presence of at least one other airline?

Re my #1,457 above, if easyJet does make full use of these extra slots - why acquire them otherwise? - I don't know what that would mean in terms of any hopes of tempting an airline such as Jet2. Perhaps BRS isn't bothered about Jet2 anyway.
I'd imagine that an airline like Jet2 would wait until 2021 considering a lot of their business is now pacakage while Easyjet is more flight only. Would an extra 2 aircraft take the base to 20?

I'd imagine that an airline like Jet2 would wait until 2021 considering a lot of their business is now pacakage while Easyjet is more flight only. Would an extra 2 aircraft take the base to 20?
It would be 19 based. If easyJet did take up the slots they have acquired next summer that, taken with some A321s (assuming they stay for next summer) and the TUI increase announced recently, would probably put BRS back into the position next year they would have been in passenger-wise had Thomas Cook not gone under.

I wasn't thinking of summer 2020 for Jet2 or whoever, but after that.

An easyJet flight from Lanzarote to Bristol made an unscheduled stop at Santander yesterday after the first officer became unwell. A replacement crew was sent to continue the fight.

Best wishes to the first officer for a speedy recovery from whatever the problem was.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock