Yeah i doubt it'll put anyone off booking with them either.

Easy had some problems last year too. Trying to squeeze maximum flights out of their planes with as low a staffing bill as possible is bound to cause problems. A business model that every loco airline aspires to though.

There have been easyJet cancellations for a few summers now. A lot are the result either directly or indirectly of overseas industrial action or weather but there seems to be a significant number where neither of these conditions obviously plays a part.

In July 2016 member ezy_brs posted this in the BRS Weather, Diversions, Delays, Cancellations thread.

As with the vast majority ( a good 98% of them!) it is all down to a lack of crew to operate the flight. Granted the industrial actions in France will inevitably have some impact. But the real reason is an apparent lack of crew. easyJet want to shy away from the truth and as such put the reasons down to 'operational reasons' or just 'we have regrettably had to cancel your flight'. easyJet also cancelled the Malaga last night on the 02nd of July at only 30 minutes before departure time for the same reason!

It seems to be the evening Malaga that always cops it if anything gets cancelled. I don't know why it is but it usually is!

It has got to the stage now where I tell my family and friends to book Ryanair over easyJet now! At least with Ryanair they do not
a) overbook and
b) cancel unless necessary due to strikes in France for example

There have been a few delays due to lack of crew this morning also

Talking to an Easyjet cabin crew member last week and was informed that they are expecting two A321s to be based at Bristol by next summer. Familiarisation training is already under way although there was no indication of which routes they will operate

Talking to an Easyjet cabin crew member last week and was informed that they are expecting two A321s to be based at Bristol by next summer. Familiarisation training is already under way although there was no indication of which routes they will operate
Welcome to Forums4Airports 8mileshigh!
I'd imagine they would put them on the popular sun routes to Spain and the Canary Islands and even Turkey. I'd have thought that eventually as well we'd see the A321neo at BRS eventually.

Interesting although I have also read that the a321s are planned for lgw and Paris only so let's hope it's true.

Summary of EZY Routes in Summer 2018

I've compared the second week in August 2018 to the same week in 2017 of easyJets schedule from BRS. Here are the number of departures each week with the changes highlighted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Number of destinations operating per week:
2017: 55
2018: 58 (+3 (+4 new / -1 dropped))
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Number of flights per week:
2017: 324
2018: 350 (+26)
Number of based aircraft:
2017: 14 (7x A319s, 7x A320s)
2018: 15 (6x A319s, 9x A320s) (+1)
Weekly Frequencies: (a '[+]' or '[-]' represents change from 2017)

24x Weekly

Edinburgh (EDI)

19x Weekly
Glasgow (GLA)

17x Weekly
Majorca Palma (PMI) [+3]
Belfast Intl (BFS)

16x Weekly
Malaga (AGP) [+2]
Faro (FAO)

14x Weekly

Newcastle (NCL) [+3]
Alicante (ALC)
Barcelona (BCN)

12x Weekly
Amsterdam (AMS) [+1]

10x Weekly
Nice (NCE) [+1]
Geneva (GVA) [-2]

7x Weekly
Pisa (Tuscany) (PSA) [+1]
Inverness (INV)
Madrid (MAD)
Murcia (MJV)
Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG)
Rome Fiumicino (FCO)
Toulouse (TLS)

6x Weekly
Prague (PRG) [+2]
Venice Marco Polo (VCE) [+2]

5x Weekly

Split (SPU) [+1]
Berlin Schoenefeld (SXF)
Bordeaux (BOD)
Lisbon (LIS)

4x Weekly
Ibiza (IBZ) [+1]
Basel (BSL)
Krakow (KRK)
Menorca Mahon (MAH)

3x Weekly
Bilbao (BIO) [+1]
Copenhagen (CPH) [+1]
Tenerife South (TFS) [+1]
Bodrum (BJV)
Corfu (CFU)
Cyprus Paphos (PFO)
Dalaman (DLM)
Gibraltar (GIB)
Marseille Provence (MRS)
Naples (NAP)
Nantes (NTE)
Porto (OPO)
Sardinia Olbia (OLB)

2x Weekly

Athens (ATH) [NEW] [+2]
Genoa (GOA) [NEW] [+2]
Seville (SVQ) [NEW] [+2]
Stockholm (ARN) [NEW] [+2]
Pula (PUY) [+1]
Crete Heraklion (HER)
Dubrovnik (DBV)
Fuerteventura (FUE)
Isle of Man (IOM)
Kefalonia (EFL)
Lanzarote (ACE)
La Rochelle (LRH)
Madeira Funchal (FNC)
Sicily Catania (CTA)
Vienna (VIE)

1x Weekly
Zante Zakynthos (ZTH)

DROPPED
Marrakech (RAK) [-1] (was 1x Weekly in 2017)

Summary
Out of these 350x departures a week, 320x will be using BRS based aircraft and 20x will use aircraft operating from other bases (6x flights to Edinburgh, 1x Glasgow, 5x Barcelona, 1x Newcastle, 1x Berlin and all 6x Venice)

There are reports on social media that an Easyjet aircraft was forced to abort takeoff due to a light aircraft being on or entering onto the runway at the same time.

The Easyjet incident on Sunday has been classed as a loss of separation between the 2 aircraft.
https://ukaviation.news/aborted-take-off-at-bristol-caused-by-loss-of-seperation/
Thanks for that, Jerry. it's not made clear which runway was being used - 09 seemed to be the active one in the morning from the flight patterns near my house but it was switched to 27 in the afternoon as the light wind came around a bit.

If 09 I suppose there could have been some form of 'contamination' with light aircraft taxiing from/to the southern apron.

It would have been a bit of a shock for some of the easyJet passengers when the take-off was aborted but everything seems to have been handled professionally by the flight crew.

Thanks for that, Jerry. it's not made clear which runway was being used - 09 seemed to be the active one in the morning from the flight patterns near my house but it was switched to 27 in the afternoon as the light wind came around a bit.

If 09 I suppose there could have been some form of 'contamination' with light aircraft taxiing from/to the southern apron.

It would have been a bit of a shock for some of the easyJet passengers when the take-off was aborted but everything seems to have been handled professionally by the flight crew.
On flightradar it says originally it was departing on 09 but then afterwards used 27. Luckliy no one was hurt though no doubt there will be an investigation into how the incident happended.

Did flight return to stand?

This is a serious incident isnt it. Will heads roll?

I suppose it depends on the circumstances and the result of an enquiry. Understandably, details are a bit sketchy and the full picture probably won't be known publicly until after an investigation.

Heads don’t roll in aviation safety unless someone has been recklessly negligent; we investigate, publish any lessons learnt as widely as possible and take appropriate steps necessary to prevent or mitigate recurrence. As is often the case there were a number of factors at play, but the event was ultimately resolved by one of the available safety barriers.

With incident like this one it shows that training worked good. Humans like animals always tend to do things no body expects so well done to the easy jet crew.

Apparently Easyjet will release new routes for winter 18/19 tommorrow.

New routes starting Winter 18/19 from BRS are:
LCA - Larnaca, Cyprus (28 Oct) - 2x weekly
OSD - Åre Östersund, Sweden (9 Dec) - 1x weekly
SOF - Sofia, Bulgaria (8 Dec) - 2x weekly

This takes the total number of easyJet routes from BRS to 68. To give you a comparison, LTN has 70 routes!

54 of these 68 routes will be served during "peak" Winter which is 7 more routes than the same time last year!! These new destinations this Winter are NCE, NAP, CTA, SVQ plus the three just announced LCA, OSD & SOF.

During the whole Winter period, easyJet will operate around 18-21 extra weekly departures from BRS in comparison to last Winter.

They have also added a fourth weekly Tenerife and previously increased Gibraltar to four weekly. This winter is looking very good indeed!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock