Well there’s mention it’s down to lack of demand so they can use the plane on a more popular route if they choose to. But its lucky MAN has EasyJet to do JER as at LBA we only have Jet2

I would also hazard a guess that Jersey from Manchester isn't as profitable as once thought. Jersey expansion, if I remember correctly, was brought about due to the ongoing Green/Amber/Red and make it up on the spot travel list and restrictions. It was an easy way to make some easy money and offering it from most bases, when the airline was, in a lull due to the restrictions etc. I wonder if that has something to do with it.
I found the reason is lower demand but as mentioned by @Bobby2000 it gives them chance to use the plane on a more demanding route.

I found the reason is lower demand but as mentioned by @Bobby2000 it gives them chance to use the plane on a more demanding route.

As I’ve said, Jer will not be replaced with anything. At this stage in the game, it would require movements of other flight times and runway slots etc, and the later late aft/evening sector to Balearics etc, plus then applying for new slots to use the JER. Don’t get me wrong, happy to be proved wrong, but given it’s now June I doubt they’ll be able to apply for runway slots this close.

As I’ve said, Jer will not be replaced with anything. At this stage in the game, it would require movements of other flight times and runway slots etc, and the later late aft/evening sector to Balearics etc, plus then applying for new slots to use the JER. Don’t get me wrong, happy to be proved wrong, but given it’s now June I doubt they’ll be able to apply for runway slots this close.
I guess we’ll have to wait and see what LS intentions are. :)

I wonder if we could see Jet2 getting their own A330s or is just easier for them to lease when needed?

I wonder if we could see Jet2 getting their own A330s or is just easier for them to lease when needed?

Only if they order A330's for long haul operation. Some of which, like TUI, would become dedicated short haulers in the Summer period. However we could see them continue to lease the A330's for Short Haul uplift whilst their own A330's do the Atlantic run.

3x A330's was probably in the plans for S21, if Covid19 hadn't taken over. Only 2 years delayed. I suspect IBZ will also receive an A330 next Summer.

Only if they order A330's for long haul operation. Some of which, like TUI, would become dedicated short haulers in the Summer period. However we could see them continue to lease the A330's for Short Haul uplift whilst their own A330's do the Atlantic run.

3x A330's was probably in the plans for S21, if Covid19 hadn't taken over. Only 2 years delayed. I suspect IBZ will also receive an A330 next Summer.
I suppose that leasing gives them the best of both worlds, they can lease to boost capacity on routes during the busy periods but don't have to find work for big aircraft with lots of capacity during the quieter winter months.

Exactly that @Jerry. Why have additional cost of purchasing 3/4/5/6 short haul A330's (MAN/BHX let's say) when you can lease them in to provide that much needed lift during summer season but then need somewhere to send them in winter?

I suspect the relationship with Titan/Air Tanker will continue for many years to come - they provide the much needed additional capacity during summer. I wouldn't be surprised to see them having a sole A330' for the winter this winter like they did in W19/20 - only difference been the A330 in winter 19/20 flew EWR and then TFS/ACE ... this winter with no EWR it would have to stick to ACE/TFS only.

Just heard that G-SUNB is being deliverd on Friday but not sure where to either MAN or possibly EMA, G-HLYA has gone to BHX yesterday

Also forgot that G-VYGM was deliverd tom MAN yesterday, summer must be here pity weather doesnt think so

Just heard that G-SUNB is being deliverd on Friday but not sure where to either MAN or possibly EMA, G-HLYA has gone to BHX yesterday

Also forgot that G-VYGM was deliverd tom MAN yesterday, summer must be here pity weather doesnt think so
Makes sense as it’s expected to be delivered sometime in April presuming everything’s on schedule. I’d of thought it would be delivered to MAN

G-SUNB is being delivered to East Midlands for paint/stencil work and is due approx 10.15 this morning LS045D and as I write airborne Finkerwerd

Is it still the case that Jet2's 757s are sticking around in some capacity until 2026? I am trying to book on one from MAN next summer (2024) for old time's sake and cannot find a single seating plan with 757. I have looked at loads of dates for Canary islands, Palma etc, and at different times of year, but nothing! Plenty of A321N but no 757s... are they being retired early with the arrival of the Neo?

Is it still the case that Jet2's 757s are sticking around in some capacity until 2026? I am trying to book on one from MAN next summer (2024) for old time's sake and cannot find a single seating plan with 757. I have looked at loads of dates for Canary islands, Palma etc, and at different times of year, but nothing! Plenty of A321N but no 757s... are they being retired early with the arrival of the Neo?
Not that I know of. They will still be around for a few more years yet. Have you tried routes such as Ibiza, Malaga, Alicante and Turkish routes as those are routes they regularly use them on?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock