Thomas Cook

Advertisement

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
This might sound a daft question but why is all this being discussed on an LBA thread? Thomas Cook have nothing to do with LBA, and certainly won't once they have gone to the wall.
Why was it being discussed on here, well because actually I think you'll find Thomas Cook Group still offer holidays from Leeds/Bradford Airport.

This summer they took seats on Tui operated flights to Palma, Corfu and offered there own service to Enfidha using Nouvel Air Tunis.
Last year they had there own flights to Antalaya, Dalaman and Air Europa to Palma. In pervouis years they took allocations on LBA routes operated by Jet2. Before that they even had a 1 Aircraft base here with rumours of a return in the pipeline.

They still have an interest for LBA as the Airline is due to operate 3x charter breaks up to Lapland again this coming December. I wonder who will operate theses flights if they go bust?
Clearly you not bothered if they go to wall, so better not answer me last question seen as we now not allowed to talk about this LBA operator...

Last edited:

Bigman

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
Even worse than me trying to get a number 27 home last night, or was that a similar situation for you? I do think though that more general stuff about the company finances/survival etc should be on a general airline thread as opposed to an airport specific thread.

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
Even worse than me trying to get a number 27 home last night, or was that a similar situation for you? I do think though that more general stuff about the company finances/survival etc should be on a general airline thread as opposed to an airport specific thread.
Nah, it was bad enough I ended up at LGI hospital on Monday requiring an x-ray for a badly sprained ankle. Swelling was that bad I thought it was broken.

I can't currently walk without aid of crutches, so laid up at home resting, watching daytime TV and loads of Chinooks flying over the house.

Last edited:

Offint

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Trouble is there's not much to report or talk about on the LBA thread these days is there except the loss of routes.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
In any case the future of Thomas Cook is of national and international interest so the discussion about its future is best placed in our Airline Forum. It's only a click or two away so no need to stress over it.

Offint

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2016
Ilkley
Like I said with Monarch at the time I really don't want to lose a decent UK airline, they offer a good level of service especially on long haul at a great price, I have never actually flown with them but a lot of staff at work have and no bad things to say for the money you pay....

Bigman

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2009
Not rumours anymore. Don't just book it....because they aren't there anymore. I wonder what will happen with the Nouvelair flight tomorrow evening? Do we have any other flights that will need repatriating?

oldendays

Sep 19, 2009
As far as LBA is concerned, the failure of Thomas Cook is almost a blessing in disguise, in that their LBA operation was minimal so there is less of a downturn to bear. Still a grim time for air travel and leaving just two major UK tour operators. What a difference from twenty or thirty years ago.

oldendays

Sep 19, 2009
Another consideration is for AirTanker who damp-leased two or three A330s to TCX. I expect these aircraft will be back at Brize Norton fairly quickly and hopefully have new lessees lined up, providing AT doesn't already have other plans for them.

Rob c DSA

May 27, 2017
worksop
As far as LBA is concerned, the failure of Thomas Cook is almost a blessing in disguise, in that their LBA operation was minimal so there is less of a downturn to bear. Still a grim time for air travel and leaving just two major UK tour operators. What a difference from twenty or thirty years ago.
What a ridiculous statement almost a blessing in disguise. It's tough for all concerned it affects so many people, as for the airport any lost flights are bad news

Top Bottom