BRS tweeting and putting out press releases about flight resumptions. Nothing from CWL despite FR starting in just over a week !

The impounded Dash 8 left CWL at 16.55 for Weeze, Germany, as SXI 2027, Southern Cross 2027, will we ever see the Dash 8's back I wonder in some different livery?
It'll be weird not to see them at the airport, hopefully we'll see them again!

A group of entrepreneurs and hoteliers in Tenerife are forming their own airline, [not yet named], they have leased an A320 from Faroes Airline, and will be starting flights this winter, according to Travel Weekly news. Any chance for CWL?

A group of entrepreneurs and hoteliers in Tenerife are forming their own airline, [not yet named], they have leased an A320 from Faroes Airline, and will be starting flights this winter, according to Travel Weekly news. Any chance for CWL?

One aircraft isn't going to be able to serve many airports from the Canaries. It would not be possible to operate more than two return flights per 24 hours, and if the flights were to other European countries as well as to the UK the coverage would be thin.

Unless they could contract to carry, say, TUI customers they'd be up against established airlines such as easyJet, Ryanair and Jet2 in the UK. Their rationale seems to be a fear of airlines and tour operators failing leaving holidaymakers with no means to travel to the Canaries.

What are the coronavirus movement restrictions in Wales now? They have been very restrictive compared to England, with stories in the press of people driving into Wales from England and being turned back.

I ask because I wonder how this would affect leisure travellers from England intent on using CWL when it reopens.

A 5 mile travel lockdown remains in place at the moment, however it is believed and hoped that this will be lifted later this week. Self catering accommodation will be bookable from the 13th July, if the travel lockdown is not lifted, people living near the airport would in theory, be able to travel from Cardiff to Malaga, but not from Cardiff to Tenby, which would be a ridiculous state of affairs. People travelling from England into Wales, have been stopped and fined by the police.

I ask because I wonder how this would affect leisure travellers from England intent on using CWL when it reopens.
I'd imagine that they would be fine. That travelling to Cardiff airport to catch a flight would be considered essential travel.
The danger of lifting the 5 mile rule will be the potential that people from the more infected areas will head to the country potentially infecting areas that have low infection rates. I have seen concerns raised about not just English people but people from South Wales rushing to areas like tenby and increasing the infections there.

I have seen concerns raised about not just English people but people from South Wales rushing to areas like tenby and increasing the infections there.
That's the problem that South West England has been facing and is facing. With the hot weather last week thousands came from outside the area to sit on the Weston-super-Mare beach. The South West has been affected less by the virus than any other region of England, or Wales, Scotland or N Ireland for that matter as the various graphs and charts in the link show.

We are back to normal, the new normal.
Hopefully only an intermediate temporary normal, otherwise people will be social distancing at airports and wearing masks on aircraft where no inflight refreshment is provided for many, many years to come.

I'm surprised that with something like access to the UK that it's not a matter for the UK government in the way that Defence and Foreign Policy are.

The travel agent has a point. If someone who lives in England flies in via CWL they won't have to quarantine when they arrive home, whereas someone who flies into CWL and lives in Wales will. I'm not sure about someone who lives in Wales who flies in via England. I presume they will have to quarantine once they arrive home in Wales.

As far as Scotland is concerned I'm increasingly coming to the view that Sturgeon is loving the UK-wide exposure and thus she carries on with her daily television briefing. If Johnson said he was going to do A in respect of England she would do B in Scotland to show she is independent of him. If he went for B she would go for A. Drakeford doesn't appear quite as anxious for the limelight as she does but the differing strategies on quarantine are confusing at best, and dangerous at worst.

I hope that by sometime next week they will all be in some sort of accord with the quarantine issue.

I'm surprised that with something like access to the UK that it's not a matter for the UK government in the way that Defence and Foreign Policy are.
Then you'd have to take away health from the devolved adminstrations.
but the differing strategies on quarantine are confusing at best, and dangerous at worst.
Well the problem does seem to be that they aren't talking to each, let alone trust each other and of course will try and do what they think is best to deal with the virus. I believe that the FM of Wales and the PM of the UK haven't spoke to each other since for a month i think which you'd have thought wouldn't happen and the SG was given the quaritine list apparently at 19.30 last night. Just doesn't seem to be any communication.
As for Cardiff airport hopefully Tailormade travel will continue to use the aiport as it needs all the support it can get.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock