Cardiff Airport Photo Thread

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Rare British Airways passenger flight from Cardiff this morning. Taking Barry Town United to the Faroe islands for their Europa League qualifier.

View media item 9914
View media item 9915
View media item 9916
View media item 9917

View media item 9920
View media item 9921

View media item 9923
View media item 9924
View media item 9925

View media item 9928

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
First visit to the airport earlier today for quite a while. Despite it being quiet there was still aircraft to photo including an A318 business jet.

View media item 13634

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Excellent as usual, Jerry.

Great to see some activity at CWL after the last few weeks of few airline movements. You must be very pleased to have been able to return with your camera. It now needs some positive airline news for the airport.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Excellent as usual, Jerry.

Great to see some activity at CWL after the last few weeks of few airline movements. You must be very pleased to have been able to return with your camera. It now needs some positive airline news for the airport.
Yes it was nice bit gutted that I missed the A318 leaving as I went home before it departed.
Hopefully we'll be seeing some more movements from next week!

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
That must have been one of G-BYGC's shortest ever flights. Great pictorial record of her departure.

When the 747 first came into service over 50 years ago I didn't have much interest in aviation for its own sake but the aircraft altered the concept of mass long-haul flying for half a century. I did quite a few B747 transatlantic flights with both KLM and Northwest Airlines to/from such airports as Vancouver, Minneapolis and Detroit. By the late 90s KLM had switched to MD11s on my later journeys on the Amsterdam-Vancouver route.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Flight time was about 20 minutes as she looped over the channel and then Cardiff and to the north of the airport and could see her just about on approach to St Athan from crash gate 2. It literally is end of an era and a sad day but still a good day as I got to meet face to face a few people I've conversed with on Facebook over a few years and aviation celebrity youtuber Sam Chui.
I've got plenty more photos to come that I'll add over the next few days including a nice little bonus!

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I'm sure they posted that on twitter this morning but it looks like it's been taken down! Definitely a woops moment! Lol

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
The CWL Facebook people don't know what their own airport looks like?

Incidentally, are there really 'lush' sunsets at CWL given that the runway facing the sea points to the south-east?

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
I bet you enjoyed that. Excellent pics as always. What is the aircraft shown in the third picture from the top?

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.