so its March 2020, now 26 months since the airport had a working glide slope on Runway 33, how much longer until its sorted?

has anyone seen any work talking place on the airfield around the glide slope? Would it have taken this long at LHR? LGW? MAN?

need I say more? :mad::mad:

Only 26 months? I seem to remember it came back for a while but does the problem not go back to the runway extension? I am sure I had a discussion with a Monarch pilot about it so that would have been before October 2017.

Only 26 months? I seem to remember it came back for a while but does the problem not go back to the runway extension? I am sure I had a discussion with a Monarch pilot about it so that would have been before October 2017.

Yes it does actually go back to the runway extention, a big c**k up by the contractors/airport planners, the ILS was on and off for a few years afterwards, until they finally switched it off in January 2018!!

Construction work ready to begin at HS2’s ‘Interchange’ station site near Birmingham Airport

Preparatory work has almost been completed and now major structures are being put in place on the site of HS2’s new Interchange station - the brand new public transport gateway serving the Midlands, close to Birmingham International station, the NEC and Birmingham Airport.

My plans have it inside the terminal like with the air rail to International Station. Since that Trident Road is not in use I would build over it making the terminal bigger & more room inside to add more check in desks & add more security lines. Mostly to deal with passengers going on Emirates, Qatar, Air India, PIA, Turkmanistan, Turkish Airlines & Cathay (If they ever start). This is what I made a few years ago but I have had a few more ideas since then. Incuding a a thrid floor for staff & an area I like to call Lounge Lane.

View attachment 16221

Does anyone know if when the original air-link was built, was it built as part of an extension to the terminal, or was the terminal 'opened up' to allow the station to be built inside the terminal?

As Ryanair is now the only (?) tenant of the Eurohub, is there enough room in T2 to move Ryanair out of Eurohub to allow it to be demolished and rebuilt?

The forecourt part of the terminal could be expanded eastwards slightly to accommodate the HS2 people mover and provide more check in desks and a new pier could be built more in line with the design of the international pier.

The loss of Flybe and the current downturn due to Coronavirus could be a golden opportunity for the airport to update an ageing part of its terminal. An opportunity I doubt very much they'll take up.

As Ryanair is now the only (?) tenant of the Eurohub, is there enough room in T2 to move Ryanair out of Eurohub to allow it to be demolished and rebuilt?

At the moment I'd guess that the room is there, especially when the departure lounge extension opens.

I'd love to see T2 demolished and replaced with a 'T' shaped structure. One end of the T would link up with T1 and the other would be the entrance to the HS2 people mover, in between you could fit a significant amount of check in desks and a couple of shops. The 'stalk' of the 'T' would be a wide pier' with lounges and a couple of restaurants and bars.

Is the appetite and more importantly the funding there though? The way things are at the moment I seriously doubt it.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock