Thread archived by the site administrator
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind what we get...F16's/F18's/F35's/B52's/C17's/A400's...whatever they fancy really!!! Beats the usual stuff!!

Hope im wrong but i expect the mil aircraft will be for increase in missed approaches. Could the C17 be here for the same reason as last July (times are the same).

Hope im wrong but i expect the mil aircraft will be for increase in missed approaches. Could the C17 be here for the same reason as last July (times are the same).
It wasn't July last year that the Canadian C17 came in, it was May, so yes, the times are the same and the date is roughly the same too (can't remember the exact date although it will be shown in my camera).

Alot of talk elsewhere that we be seeing more of the Transport fleet eg C130, C17, A400 plus others and possibly from overseas rather than fighter jets types. eg Tornado and Typhoon.

Here's me hoping for an RAF Voyager Air Tanker (A330)

According to the guys on fighter control forum it's bringing in some RCAF personnel for a parade at Sutton on the forest near York commemorating where some Canadians were based during the war..joint parade with RAF apparently, then back across the pond...They seem mistified by the story of military aircraft..seems they put it down to a poorly written article in the York's Post..

The military in any case use Leeming for these exercises..plenty of accomodation and free use of the runway and facilities..with hangers available for service and repair..One of my sons has been on these jobs,in the past..

Well the guy who was broadcasting live the Canadian C17 arrival into at LBA last night said a few times that this weeks exercise will involve aircraft from the RAF, RCAF & USAF.

He was working for "Leeds Live" and had Airside access.

1 = He was standing on runway 10/28 when it landed on runway 14.
2 = Was on an airside bus right in front of the aircraft as it was taxing along. taxiway Delta
3 = Was on stand when it parked up and for Engine shut down.
4 = Allowed access to go onboard the aircraft to interview the crew and show how large the aircraft is from the inside
5 = Had access for when the opened the rear loading door.
6 = Also had access to the cockpit so to go interview the flight crew which also gave a short explanation of what all the controls do in the flight deck.

The broadcast lasted for about an hour and i found was quite interesting, especially as they had just flown a 6.5 hour sector. I'm not sure if the link will work or if the website is blocked.

Last edited:
"Well the guy who was broadcasting live the Canadian C17 arrival into at LBA last night said a few times that this weeks exercise will involve aircraft from the RAF, RCAF & USAF."

The "interviewer" also said a lot of other things more than few few times :)
UNBELIEVABLE :):):)

But the most telling part was when one of the pilot's was interviewed and said they were over for a ceremony at East Moor over the weekend then going to Brize Norton for the training with the RAF.
BELIEVABLE :):):)

It's even made BBC Look North this evening.

The BBC and all the other media outlets along with the airport themselves are saying that last nights RCAF C17 was the first of arrival of this weeks Military exercise, The Canadian crew are attending the event near York today. But the is more to come next week from the USAF and RAF..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-44093154

The "interviewer" also said a lot of other things more than few few times :)
UNBELIEVABLE :):):)

But the most telling part was when one of the pilot's was interviewed and said they were over for a ceremony at East Moor over the weekend then going to Brize Norton for the training with the RAF.
BELIEVABLE :):):)

I totally agreed with you on both regards the "Leeds Live" broadcast on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- last night.

Fact
The Royal Canadian Air Force crew are visiting the region so to attend the annual RCAF/RAF reunion parade & memorial service held at Sutton On The Forest near York today. This event gets held every year as its closest village to the former RAF Eastmoor where 3 Canadian wartime squadrons were based. Hence last years visit too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock