Astral Aviation (Air Atlanta Icelandic) Boeing 747-400F, TF-AMU todays third freighter has arrived from Cairo it will depart to Liege

If I'd ever had the ability to become an airline pilot I think I might have preferred flying cargo aircraft. None of the annoying passengers to worry about. A bus driver acquaintance (omnibus that is, not Airbus) said that bus driving is all right if it wasn't for the blank blank passengers. Not that airline pilots come into face to face contact with passengers in the way that bus drivers do.

I've been watching DSA's performance from afar in this crisis and they are certainly coming up trumps with transporting cargo.

I did as a flight engineer and after Dan-Air was gobbled up by British Airways I joined European Air Transport in Brussels ,which is the operating arm of DHL, as I had a Boeing 727 rating.
Best move I ever made and happily retired at 62 having watched several colleagues go through the passenger airline problems that seem to haunt the industry.
Not much glamour and more night flights but well organized and stable rosters which makes the difference.

Belgian Air Component Dassault Falcon 7X OO-LUM arrived from Billund departing to Brest shortly after. Previously Lux Aviation.

The aircraft is part of the Belgian Air Force white fleet and is used for VIP flights the above aircraft is currently undergoing training flights

Some of todays movements

2 Excel Aviation Boeing 727 G-OSRA training
Belgian Air Component Dassault Falcon 7X OO-LUM Billund - DSA - Brest training
Magma Aviation (Air Atlanta Icelandic) Boeing 747-400F, TF-AMP Cairo - DSA - Honk Kong
Newcastle Aviation Cessna 525 citation G-KION Arrived from Stuttgart
Wizz Air Airbus A321 G-WUKG from storage to Luton

Some movements from the last few days

Saturday 16th

Astral Aviation (Air Atlanta Icelandic) Boeing 747-400F, TF-AMI Cairo - DSA Frankfurt Hahn
Motor Sich Airlines Antonov AN12BP UR-11819 departed to Hassi Messaoud

Sunday 17th

Astral Aviation (Air Atlanta Icelandic) Boeing 747-400F TF-AMM Cairo - DSA - Liege
Magma Aviation (Air Atlanta Icelandic) Boeing 747-400F, TF-AMP Cairo - DSA - Dubai Al Maktoum International

Monday 18th

Astral Aviation (Air Atlanta Icelandic) Boeing 747-400F, TF-AMM Cairo - DSA - Liege

Tuesday 19th

Astral Aviation (Air Atlanta Icelandic) Boeing 747-400F, TF-AMN Cairo - DSA - Liege
Castle Air LTD Agusta A109S Grand, G-JMBS Private landing site - DSA - Private landing site (linked to the movement below)
GFG Aviation LTD Piaggio P180 Avanti, M-ETAL Luxemburg - DSA -Biggin Hill

Can you guys just confirm the Norwind B767 was in fact VP-BJO not VO-BJO please as I saw it over Lba inbound and got it from FR24 as VP-BJO

A few bits from today

Magma Aviation TF-AMN 747-400 departed to Frankfurt however diverted to Liege. When it arrived at DSA this morning it had a problem rotating at the end of the runway and had to be towed to stand.

Cravant Ltd ( Dermot Desmond Celtic FC owner) Dassault Falcon 7X M-CELT - first visit
Netjets Europe, Challenger 350, CS-CHE - first visit

Last edited:
A few bits from today

Magma Aviation TF-AMN 747-400 departed to Frankfurt however diverted to Liege. When it arrived at DSA this morning it had a problem rotating at the end of the runway and had to be towed to stand.

Cravant Ltd ( Dermot Desmond Celtic FC owner) Dassault Falcon 7X M-CELT - first visit
Netjets Europe, Challenger 350, CS-CHE - first visit
I presume Rob that you meant turning at the end of the runway. I'd love to see a tug helping it to rotate off the runway!
:sneaky:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock