Hi all,
I have been to Myrtle Avenue recently and wanted to share with you some of my pictures. It was a fantastic day out and compared to my plane spotting sessions at Birmingham, there is quite a lot more going on here!
Enjoy the pictures (lots of them coming) :snaphappy:

IMG_9050.JPG

A Virgin A340-600 with the 'a big Virgin Atlantic thank you!" livery.

View attachment 13246

IMG_9062.JPG

View attachment 13239

IMG_9133.JPG

IMG_9230.JPG

View attachment 13242
A Virgin Atlantic A330 performing a go around on the other runway!

IMG_3693.JPG
747 'Negus' Livery

View attachment 13244

IMG_9287.JPG

Lovely photo's many on here have a bit of a downer on LHR me included as its BHXs nemesis in so many ways but as aviation enthusiasts its the only place to go if you want to see the world arriving, spent loads of time in the sixties and seventies on the roof gardens at the Queens Building, then got married, kids etc.

You definitely should, nonstop action and a great opportunity to take excellent shots. It also doubles as a trip to the park too!

It a great place to watch from if LHR is on the more typical westerly approaches and landing on 27L as well. The runway alternation plan for 2019 is here, obviously if wind dictates it swaps to easterly approaches instead like you had.

https://www.heathrow.com/noise/heathrow-operations/runway-alternation

ORVaFb.jpg

Vt5Fe9.jpg

4GuSBm.jpg

Lovely photo's many on here have a bit of a downer on LHR me included as its BHXs nemesis in so many ways but as aviation enthusiasts its the only place to go if you want to see the world arriving, spent loads of time in the sixties and seventies on the roof gardens at the Queens Building, then got married, kids etc.
I used LHR last November for the first time for many years (I'd been using Gatwick for long haul in recent years) and found terminal 3 user-friendly and the passage through the formalities quick. It was mid-morning on a Sunday but the lunchtime return on a Thursday was equally painless.

Living in Bristol even on the south-east edge (meaning I have to go around or through the city to access the M4), LHR is almost a local airport for me when travelling half way around the world. The potential snag is a serious motorway blockage but that can happen on any motorway to any airport.

I shall certainly use LHR again for long haul, if future flights suit my travel plans.

I agree with you on saying that LHR impacts BHX attracting new routes, but i do enjoy the airline and aircraft variation. I enjoy the spotting at Sheldon country park greatly and am thinking of returning soon.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock