Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a Brummie living and working in Manchester, it has a nice buzz about it always busy..bars restaurants etc, seems that when I get to Brum, the city is just ripped up with holes and extensive tram works, they are having a serious effect on the vibrancy of the city, I remember getting to Brum and the vibe was fantastic. People everywhere but the quicker the tram situation gets sorted then we will see the rest follow. Edinburgh suffered the same plight and now look at it especially the airport. Connectivity is a massive starting point with any centre. The mancs sorted this issue out ages ago, as per us Brummies slowly lag behind and have to play catch up. It will happen, form is temporary class is for ever.

Talk at exeter today flybe are wet leasing 2x emb190 from stobart .for the london city route from belfast and edinburgh from dec. Anybody heard that. I was told the 190s were leased to great dane aw

Are they getting the excuses in early? Interesting comments on Glasgow and Edinburgh, obviously nothing to do with Easyjet launching services

'Flight shame' could lead Flybe to cut domestic routes

Flybe

As readers will know Flybe has cancelled and/or suspended a number of routes in recent weeks. Several readers have told me that these cuts had been announced months ago. In truth these changes are being made in addition to the cuts announced last spring.

Now comes news from the new CEO of Flybe (soon to be rebranded Virgin Connect) that the future of certain domestic routes is in doubt.
Devonlive.com reports that CEO Mark Anderson says that Flybe could stop flying between (domestic) airports where the journey could be made easily by train or car. Interviewed on Thursday by PA news agency the CEO said:
“We need to be responsible. Maybe there are some routes in the future, as I look at the future of Virgin Connect and how we’re connecting people to the world, that we will potentially not fly.”
“We will potentially say ‘Actually this makes more sense by train or this makes more sense by road.’ And maybe in the future we’ll get behind that as well.”
Routes under threat, because of good train links, might include Birmingham to Edinburgh and Glasgow and Exeter to London City.
Any changes made to the latter route will not go down well with Exeter’s weekly commuters to London as we reported earlier this week.
Flybe has already said it will cease flights between Manchester and Glasgow towards the end of this month, while it’s unlikely the former Cardiff-London City service will ever return … even though much requested by Welsh customers.
In other news Flybe and Scotland’s Loganair have said they will enter into a cooperation agreement on Anglo-Scottish routes.
Travellers will be able to buy through tickets (for the entire journey) and through-check their luggage.
Buying a through ticket means travellers will be looked after should the connection be missed. They will also have the ability to through-check luggage, and will make APD savings as the duty is payable once, not twice.
Loganair also recently announced plans for an interline agreement with United Airlines.

No wonder the M6/M5 are always blocked, seriously population of a city is only a small part, its business which brings the money to a city which creates the airport traffic and more importantly the business traffic and which then creates more business.
The latest company to move its head office to Manchester is Siemens UK just coincidently near the airport in South Manchester, GCHQ have stated the reason they coming is because of the huge tech market
Thank you for your input

Summer 2020 is now loaded in Amadeus (but still waiting for it on their website).

As things stand it looks like we have kept LYS, MXP, STR and TXL, and it looks like Flybe will also continue operating to AMS and CDG.

DUS is not showing at all. It would be a surprise to me if they dropped it completely. The French summer routes are also not showing, which comes as less of a surprise.

So far it looks like DUS/HAJ/HAM and the French regional routes listed in the tweet are not in GDS, but seems all other routes are still available, albeit some have frequency reductions.

I think DUS is the biggest surprise if it has gone. From 4 daily to nothing sounds like something went very wrong.

AMS has been reduced in frequency so there is still a chance someone else has taken the other slots. I suppose with AMS being constrained it may be near impossible for airlines to fit in multiple daily new flights on AMS based aircraft if the slot times are not ideal.

Edit: notification has appeared on the Flybe website saying Summer 2020 will go on sale tomorrow.

According to a post by OltonPete on the other forum, some booking engines are showing the following, albeit for July/August only.

NTE - Mon/Fri
BOD - Tue/Thu/Sat
EGC - Sat
AVN - Sat
BES - Sat
LRH - Sat

The destinations are in the drop down list on the Flybe website but I get an error message when trying to book.

latest tweet from seanm1997, 10 destinations gone for summer 2020?

View attachment 15278
With the exception of Dusseldorf, and to a lesser extent Hamburg and Hannover, many of the lost services generate only small volumes with low frequencies outside the summer peak season. While we don't want to lose any services and/or destinations, the French routes are most likely not making money so their withdrawal cant be a great surprise. . You would expect probably that most of the German services to be replaced, fully or partially by Eurowings/Luthansa especially Dusseldorf

With the exception of Dusseldorf, and to a lesser extent Hamburg and Hannover, many of the lost services generate only small volumes with low frequencies outside the summer peak season. While we don't want to lose any services and/or destinations, the French routes are most likely not making money so their withdrawal cant be a great surprise. . You would expect probably that most of the German services to be replaced, fully or partially by Eurowings/Luthansa especially Dusseldorf
Hopefully others will fill the gap. But Southend is getting six new routes from Virgin Connect - the Stobart connection paying dividends. As for Brum we have been given the two fingers. Britain's second biggest economy has been rejected again. All we are now is an outward bound airport. I imagine many a plastic bucket and spade shop will open up before long in the terminal.

Something massive needs to be done. Barton: get it sorted.

Hopefully others will fill the gap. But Southend is getting six new routes from Virgin Connect - the Stobart connection paying dividends. As for Brum we have been given the two fingers. Britain's second biggest economy has been rejected again. All we are now is an outward bound airport. I imagine many a plastic bucket and spade shop will open up before long in the terminal.

Something massive needs to be done. Barton: get it sorted.

Future is still bright - I think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock