I'm wondering what the market is for SNN, I've never been to Limerick and don't know much about it . Whilst DUB and ORK are weekend break destination plus VFR and Business traffic. I don't know if you would go to Limerick for break ?

So I'm guessing it more a route for VFR The timing were not conducive for that for a weekend trick to see folks or friends .
Now that Galway airport no longer handles regular airline traffic Shannon is a good alternative to Cork for the southern part of the west coast of Ireland as well as for the Galway area itself.

It sits between Knock and Cork airports and the three of them provide comprehensive coverage for that beautiful and often stunning part of the country (Ireland's west coast).

Has Ryanair said definitely that LPL-SNN will not be returning in summer 2019?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that Galway airport no longer handles regular airline traffic Shannon is a good alternative to Cork for the southern part of the west coast of Ireland as well as for the Galway area itself.

It sits between Knock and Cork airports and the three of them provide comprehensive coverage for that beautiful and often stunning part of the country (Ireland's west coast).

Has Ryanair said definitely that LPL-SNN will not be returning in summer 2019?

Well it's not showing as yet. It's what I'm lead to believe.

Schedules are still being finalised so itll be a month or so till we will know for sure
For summer 2018 it looked as though Ryanair had dropped Bristol-Reus and Bristol-Bergerac.

They were not put into the booking engine until 22 March, albeit they only operated in the peak summer months this year. Shannon to Liverpool and to Bristol only operated from mid-May to October this year, so on the basis of the delayed 'announcement' of the Bristol routes I mentioned there would be plenty of time to put Shannon into the system later on if it's only intended to operate for part of the summer in 2019 as it did this year.

For summer 2018 it looked as though Ryanair had dropped Bristol-Reus and Bristol-Bergerac.

They were not put into the booking engine until 22 March, albeit they only operated in the peak summer months this year. Shannon to Liverpool and to Bristol only operated from mid-May to October this year, so on the basis of the delayed 'announcement' of the Bristol routes I mentioned there would be plenty of time to put Shannon into the system later on if it's only intended to operate for part of the summer in 2019 as it did this year.

I don't know how long FR give time for a route to build as Shannon was their least popular from Liverpool , have to see, they may just try some other place of increase capacity on popular a route.

Out of curiousity i decided to have a look at what Ryanair were offering out of Liverpool for Summer 2019.
Sofia 2 weekly
Prague 3 weekly
Bergerac 2 weekly
Cork 4 weekly
Dublin 24 weekly flights
Knock 5 weekly
Bari 2 weekly
Milan MXP 3 weekly
Pisa 2 weekly
Vilnius 2 weekly
Malta 2 weekly
Marrakesh 2 weekly
Krakow 3 weekly
Poznan 2 weekly
Szczecin 2 weekly
Warsaw Modlin 3 weekly
Wroclaw 2 weekly
Faro 7 weekly
Porto 2 weekly
Alicante 9 weekly
Barcelona 7 weekly
Girona 2 weekly
Reus 2 weekly
Fuerteventura 1 weekly
Gran Canaria 2 weekly
Ibiza 3 weekly
Lanzarote 2 weekly
Malaga 11 weekly
Palma de Mallorca 7 weekly
Tenerife South 3 weekly
Derry 3 weekly
So far that is 126 weekly departures by Ryanair from Liverpool.

Out of curiousity i decided to have a look at what Ryanair were offering out of Liverpool for Summer 2019.
Sofia 2 weekly
Prague 3 weekly
Bergerac 2 weekly
Cork 4 weekly
Dublin 24 weekly flights
Knock 5 weekly
Bari 2 weekly
Milan MXP 3 weekly
Pisa 2 weekly
Vilnius 2 weekly
Malta 2 weekly
Marrakesh 2 weekly
Krakow 3 weekly
Poznan 2 weekly
Szczecin 2 weekly
Warsaw Modlin 3 weekly
Wroclaw 2 weekly
Faro 7 weekly
Porto 2 weekly
Alicante 9 weekly
Barcelona 7 weekly
Girona 2 weekly
Reus 2 weekly
Fuerteventura 1 weekly
Gran Canaria 2 weekly
Ibiza 3 weekly
Lanzarote 2 weekly
Malaga 11 weekly
Palma de Mallorca 7 weekly
Tenerife South 3 weekly
Derry 3 weekly
So far that is 126 weekly departures by Ryanair from Liverpool.

Is this July/August which tend to be Ryanair's busiest months or are all the summer months the same at LPL?

It did operate by the same said airline about 10 years ago, so nice to see it back, however you do wonder why a destination like that ever left !

The LPL-CPH times are now showing on their web site for 2019 :- Fridays LPL-CPH 1735-2030 CPH-LPL 2055-2150 and Mondays LPL-CPH 1340-1635, CPH-LPL 1700-1755.

Its ok for the Which survey to award Ryanair as worst short haul airline, however often Ryanair are the main choice because of various reasons, price, timings, or perhaps they are the only airline on the desired route. I might add their on time performance is good.

Its ok for the Which survey to award Ryanair as worst short haul airline, however often Ryanair are the main choice because of various reasons, price, timings, or perhaps they are the only airline on the desired route. I might add their on time performance is good.
I take very little notice of these surveys and, based on Ryanair's continuing growth and success, neither do many other people.

Which surveys are the ones that companies watch and if they are good are always ready to quote in their adverts
and if they are bad they know that they need to get their act together.

I think Which is probably the most respected of the survey companies. However in Ryanair's respect people just carry on using them more and more.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock