A Small Planet A320 has taxied into the grass somewhere around taxiway bravo. Nothing seems to have been affected too badly but landing aircraft are having to backtrack.

Is that the second time Small Planet Airlines has taxied into the grass at BHX in recent times?

It was an Aurela 733 that went into the grass in 2012 I think it was? That was operating on behalf of Monarch.

Small Planet are currently doing this seasons MOD flights, this particular aircraft was SP-HAI from Paderborn.

Typical media drama!

In our local rag the "Yorkshire Evening Post", we were given news about funding for a new HS2 railway station in....Preston, Lancashire!

Aviador said:
Typical media drama!

In our local rag the "Yorkshire Evening Post", we were given news about funding for a new HS2 railway station in....Preston, Lancashire!

I was on a flight to Spain a number of years back which struck a bird on take-off breaking the retraction equipment on one of the landing gear. We has to circle, then diverted to Luton where the airline's engineering base was situated.

Apparently, the BEM reported roads between the airport and the local hospitals being closed off awaiting fleets of ambulances and local A&E departments being cleared ready for casualties.

As for passengers on the flight, apart from a few nervous fliers, everyone calmly disembarked at Luton and went straight to the bar before boarding a spacious 767 to continue the journey, albeit a tad squiffy due to the 767 captain opening up a free bar.

Oooooooops, glad everybody were ok and no injuries.

Its rather annoying again Re: Press who are not capable of reporting many things correct when it comes to anything about Birmingham or our airport. At least we on this forum know the BIG difference between an A380 and an A320. :reallyshocked:

I havent even looked at any of the tweets becouse it would annoy me. Lots of people who havent a clue about our city (some im afraid are brummies themselves)

Some of the replies will be like:

They have only had A380 flights for a short while and as usual Brum is a failure or Why on earth an A380 allowed to land at BHX in the first place as the rumway at this little airport is not long enough.

https://twitter.com/Ops_officer

Re: Misfiling Small Plant A320 taxiway incident

Sorry I hadn't seen the Incident Log on a later page and added this to the General Thread last night (perhaps remove?):

Sun 21st Feb A320 leaves taxiway

Postby BHXsupporter » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:37 pm
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... s-10924566

TK1967 had a fuel leak this morning which required a visit from the airport fire trucks. They covered the ramp in grit to absorb the fuel which obviously lead to a slight delay of the flight.

Some footage of Small Planet from flugsnug. The clip shows some of the landing aircraft using the alpha loop to backtrack.

Oh my god, that is just some awesome footage of this drama and i bet the Ops team were on it straight away. Even though it looks dramatic with aircraft all over the place, the Ops team did a fantastic job is just making it "organised" chaos.

Id love to know what the pilots and passengers were saying on the other aircraft as they landed on the runway and saw all of this unfold ?????/

Btw, Flugsnug is a genius. Does anybody actually know who this person is ? Does he come on here sometimes ???

I don't know who he/she is but the camera work is outstanding.

I imagine the camera is an expensive bit of kit but it still takes great skill to capture the kind of footage that he/she does.

It would be great if they came on here :smile:

Ray Finkle said:
I don't know who he/she is but the camera work is outstanding.

I imagine the camera is an expensive bit of kit but it still takes great skill to capture the kind of footage that he/she does.

It would be great if they came on here :smile:

Indeed it is. I hope they visit us soon.

However there thing might just be photography and they may not be into general discussion about BHX and aviation.

well it really does show how busy BHX is with regard to ATMs even during Feb... seeing those planes line up ready take off makes BHX look like an London airport

That is something that I have noticed.

In previous years you could be in Sheldon Country Park for a very long time and not see a movement. In my few recent visits this year, at various times of the day, there has been a steady stream, nothing like the summer obviously but definitely more than usual.

I can't wait for the summer :good:

nwoody2001 said:
well it really does show how busy BHX is with regard to ATMs even during Feb... seeing those planes line up ready take off makes BHX look like an London airport
The BHX Wiki page doesn't yet show the 2015 ATM stats, but it shows 116,000 annual ATM's in 2003 compared to 97,300 in 2014...that can't be right??

Back in 2003 Emirates were using a once daily A330, now we see 3x 77W's which for only two extra flights is a massive amount of extra pax. Likewise PIA were using A310's back then whereas we now see 772/3's.

Also airlines such as Air France were using BAE146's, now we see A319/320/321, Aer Lingus also used 146's rather than the A320/321's we see now. I'm sure there are others.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock