Hassaan13

Jan 10, 2011
A thread to showcase pictures related to BHX. This could be aircraft, terminal or anything else, new or old. Here is one of mine:

If anyone has any more, pictures of aircraft that we haven't seen before, then post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get a chance, get yourself an SLR camera with a 200mm lense and you'll get some smashing pictures from that location.

Nice set of pictures Ray Finkle thanks for sharing them with us. We have a photo gallery where you can upload your photos directly to the site if you're interested. The gallery then offers code so you can place it within your posts here on Forums4airports or other sites.

Aviador said:
Nice set of pictures Ray Finkle thanks for sharing them with us. We have a photo gallery where you can upload your photos directly to the site if you're interested. The gallery then offers code so you can place it within your posts here on Forums4airports or other sites.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a bash next time.

Aviador said:
Not too dissimilar from the weather this afternoon. It's been more like December as opposed to nearly May! :s_omg

Yeah it's been horrendous and doesn't look to be getting better anytime soon :reallyshocked:

Thanks for sharing Elmdon80slad.

Wheels only just about tucked away, you must reside close the airport!

ray finkle said:
Stopped off at Sheldon Country Park this afternoon. Weather was poor with terrible light so I didn't hang around :sad:

Flybe ERJ just touching down.

023.jpg

Ryanair departing.

024.jpg

Thomson 757 departing.

025.jpg

BMIBaby 737 arriving.

026.jpg

Love your pictures. I mustn't have walked far enough around a few weeks back when I was in the area. We parked at the Marston Green station and walked around towards the end of the runway. It was the first time I'd been so I had no idea whether it was possible to get photo from there. We walked to the point where the taxiway joins the end of the runway but the land falls away so we didn't walk any further although I wish we did now! Are those pictures taken from behind a fence or does the land rise again so you can take pictures over the fence line?

After you've walked down the hill and across the stream the land rises again so it's possible to take pictures over the fence. There's a couple of benches and if you mooch around a few small hillocks which give decent views.

I can't believe I only needed to walk a short distance further to get pictures like that. Typical! :nea: Just so I know for next time, was parking at the station a good idea? There were signs up saying station users only but we thought it would be difficult for them to prove you weren't using the station.

Also just round the back of the station there is Elmdon Road. If you park near to the railway bridge there's some steps down, just follow the path along side the railway and you come to an old bridge with decent views over some of the apron. There's also the option to carry on up the path into the terminal buildings and even round to the long stay car park at the other end of the runway depending on which way they're landing/departing.

Was there for half an hour this morning, pictures are in the gallery but I'll put them here too.

Much appreciated Ray. I don't know when I'll be in the area again but that's easy enough to remember. Cheers! :good:

Aviador said:
Much appreciated Ray. I don't know when I'll be in the area again but that's easy enough to remember. Cheers! :good:

No worries, next time you're coming down let me know and I'll give you the best places to go.

ray finkle said:
Aviador said:

No worries, next time you're coming down let me know and I'll give you the best places to go.

Yes that would be good, thanks ever so much for the tips. I don't know when I'll next be down with 'terrible twos' in tow but I'll take you up on that when I get round to it.

I see you've been busy this morning and uploaded some more great pictures to the BHX gallery. Lovely pictures so credit to you. :hatsoff:

It's not a great distance so nothing too spectacular. That picture was taken with a basic Panasonic Lumix point and shoot camera.

Great pictures, especially the motion ones. Are you going submit any to the contest ?

No I'm using a Nikon bridge camera now, which is taking a bit of getting used to :rolleyes: Hoping to go for a DSLR on the next upgrade

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock