Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
[textarea]Prestwick Airport plane spotters gallery re-opened

Prestwick Airport's popular Spectators' Gallery has re-opened. It offers plane spotters panoramic views of the airport and the opportunity to observe aircraft coming and going - including Ryanair's 737-800 series Boeing aircraft, Wizz Airbuses and huge 747 and Antonov freighters.

An airport spokesman said: ‘We are really pleased that the Spectators' Gallery is back up and running. It is an ideal way to pass the time or keep children occupied, should you arrive early at the airport or your flight is delayed. It will also be a great venue for local schoolchildren doing projects.’

The Spectators' Gallery is open 07:00 to 19:00, seven days a week and entry is free.

Source[/textarea]

It's great that Preswick airport is providing a viewing gallery for spotters and enthusiasts. Most other airports don't bother and those that do tend to charge for the privilege. A similar spotting gallery at Manchester airport charge a couple of quid for about an hour.

Great to have it open again but you cant get outside but the view is still good :drinks: ,us locals still go down the mound

• Admin
[rimg]http://www.glasgowprestwick.com/userfiles/images/news/Girl-looking-out-at-spectators.JPG[/rimg]

It's better than what most airports have. Prestwick airport has some interesting freighter traffic to see so it should get a few people from out of town visiting.

websites

hi i love coming down to the airport on my bike to watch aircraft landing and taking off.I waqs just wondering is there any websites where people know or have a rumour of certain planes coming in like unusal aircraft or commercial in for land ing and taking off training etc :LOL: that day so i know if its worth coming down or not on certain days or even a forum where this is discussed thanks in advance.

Re: websites

Welcome to the forum, hawkhill29.

I'm not aware of any such sites for Prestwick myself but with any luck someone on here will be able to come up with some helpful suggestions.

hi thanks yeah it would be good to know if anyone has inside info on what planes are coming in and what day etc hope your well dude.

• Admin

hawkhill29 said:
hi i love coming down to the airport on my bike to watch aircraft landing and taking off.I waqs just wondering is there any websites where people know or have a rumour of certain planes coming in like unusal aircraft or commercial in for land ing and taking off training etc :LOL: that day so i know if its worth coming down or not on certain days or even a forum where this is discussed thanks in advance.

This one!

Forums4airports is very much spotter friendly, so you are very welcome here. We welcome anybody who is interested in airports, so in many respects you are more likely to find out what you want to know right here.

We're just waiting for more people to join so make sure you get all your friends to join the forum. There are a few people who already use the Glasgow Prestwick forum, but the only way it will grow is if people take time to post as much as they can. So if you make a post about the aircraft you have seen each time you visit the airport, more people are likely to join and take part in Forums4airports!

• Admin
[textarea]Prestwick celebrates aviation

The Prestwick, Scotland Branch of the Royal Aeronautical Society is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary this year and will present an exhibition of the aviation-related businesses and organisations that exist in and around Glasgow Prestwick Airport on Saturday October 27th.

Supported by the airport, the day will showcase the work of local companies that engineer, design, build, repair and maintain aircraft structures, engines and systems.

Exhibits will include a Sea King helicopter, glider, model aircraft, airport fire tender, airfield operations vehicle, police vehicle, aircraft engines, flight simulators, plus competitions, face painting and balloons.

Source[/textarea]

Rossiya TU214 parked up here leaving tomorrow at the end of G8
1st visit of type :yahoo:

It's one I've never seen but it's a similar spec to a 757 or A321 so I'd probably not realise it if it was right in front of me.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock