The coming winter's easyJet BRS-GVA programme appears to be the same as last winter in terms of rotations per day each week:

Monday 3
Tuesday 2
Wednesday 2
Thursday 2
Friday 3
Saturday 5
Sunday 4
Total 21

For a couple of weeks over the February half-term there will be a sixth Saturday rotation, operated by easyJet Switzerland. This has happened at February half-term in recent years although I'm not sure if it happened in February this year.

The weekly Thomas Cook ski flight to Geneva operated for Esprit, Inghams and Thomas Cook. Inghams appear to be taking seats on easyJet for the coming winter.

TUI's weekly ski flight to Geneva usually caters for Crystal Ski which is a TUI company.

The new TUI weekly ski flight to Memmingham, Germany is still advertised on the BRS website but test bookings there and on the Crystal Ski website (for whom I presume the flight is aimed) come up with nothing. Instead test bookings on the Crystal Ski website show Bavarian holidays flown via Salzburg, both from BRS and from LGW which was the other airport orginally advertised with a Memmingen route.

Just went on to crystal ski booking site and selected flights only and the Memmingen flights are bookable.

Just went on to crystal ski booking site and selected flights only and the Memmingen flights are bookable.
Thanks for that. I did try ski holidays under Crystal Ski it's true, and the only Bavarian ones showed via Salzburg from BRS and LGW. Nothing is in the TUI timetable either.

Also when I tried the BRS website 'Where We Fly' and clicked on Memmingen in the Winter Sports section the dates from 21 December until the end of the month all showed 'No flights' under the 'Direct to Bristol/Direct from Bristol' heading.

They don't make it easy for people to book if the Memmingen flights are still operating from 21 December.

Talk the other week about santa and ski flights. I see today there is 3 flights to Kittia. 2 flights are with Easyjet and 1 flight is with TUI. I would think the TUI and 1 flight is santa flights and the second Easyjet flight could be a ski flight and stay all winter season.

Talk the other week about santa and ski flights. I see today there is 3 flights to Kittia. 2 flights are with Easyjet and 1 flight is with TUI. I would think the TUI and 1 flight is santa flights and the second Easyjet flight could be a ski flight and stay all winter season.
Yes, the TUI is a Santa flight. In recent winters easyJet has operated to Kittila 2 or 3 times a week from around early December until early March. It will be for a tour operator or tour operators, no doubt for winter sports, because it does not appear in the easyJet booking engine.

Yes, the TUI is a Santa flight. In recent winters easyJet has operated to Kittila 2 or 3 times a week from around early December until early March. It will be for a tour operator or tour operators, no doubt for winter sports, because it does not appear in the easyJet booking engine.

The TUI flight operated straight back to BRS after landing so I’m not sure it was a Santa flight. LGW and MAN each had two flights, one operated straight back whilst the others stayed and are now operating back tonight.

It will have been a Santa flight. Theres not just day trips but few night stays in Lapland. Like a standard TFS, DLM, PMI etc.

Today's TUI flight was indeed a 'Santa flight' for TUI and Inghams for a 3-day duration holiday.

Saturday 21st December 2019

Charters

Tui - FMM operating in and out of INN
Tui - VRN
Tui - CMF
Tui - SZG

Enter Air - SOF x 2

Austrian - INN

Titan - GNB
The ski season is in full swing today from BRS. Including the flights you mentioned I make it the following flights today are primarily for winter sports passengers with some such as Barcelona and Venice also of general interest.

Geneva 5 easyJet 5
Sofia 4 Enter Air 2, easyJet 1 Ryanair 1
Salzburg 3 easyJet 2 TUI 1
Grenoble 3 easyJet 2 Titan 1
Innsbruck 2 Austrian 1 TUI 1 (TUI should have operated to Memmingen)
Lyon 1 easyJet 1
Venice MP 1 easyJet 1
Verona 1 TUI 1
Barcelona 1 easyJet 1
Chambery 1 TUI 1
Bergamo 1 Ryanair 1
Turin 1 Ryanair 1

There is also a TUI flight to Rovaniemi but that is more likely to cater for 'Santa' travellers.

Geneva seems to have lost its charter flights of recent ski seasons. Thomas Cook was one and TUI the other. I can't see the usual Sunday TUI flight to Turin tomorrow either but this season Ryanair has joined easyJet on the route so that might account for it.

We'll have to wait until the ski season routes settle down after the Christmas period. For example, Enter Air's Sofia was 2 x weekly on a Saturday last year in the run-up to Christmas then single weekly for the rest of the ski season. Nevertheless we can still expect the 75-80 flights each week to ski destinations (charter and scheduled total combined) that has been the case at BRS for a few winters now. That's quite a total for an airport of BRS's size.

Tui are operating to TRN at 1315 tomorrow according to BRS website departures page.

Thanks. I looked at the BRS departures for the next 24 hours on their website earlier today and it only went as far as late morning at that time. In recent years the TUI to TRN has been an early morning departure on Sundays hence my incorrect assumption. So that will be three Turin flights each week this season - easyJet, Ryanair and TUI.

Lleida-Alguaire doesn't seem to feature this ski season. It's not shown on the BRS list and doesn't appear on the BRS departures board tomorrow - it's usually a Sunday lunchtime departure with Flybe the carrier for Neilson Holidays. It seems to come and go from year to year.

Didn't Easyjet operate a season into Kittia last year or was it a TC route.
yes I think this is operating this winter every Sunday with Inghams
It's usually a ski season operation for Inghams, as Marko says, from mid-December until March. Tomorrow morning there are two easyJet flights to Kittila and also one by TUI which would be a Santa flight.

Innsbruck

This morning's Austrian Airlines flight from Innsbruck is shown as departing for EDI instead of returning to INN. I don't know whether it's operating a 'double drop'. In recent ski seasons Austrian has had two Saturday ski flights into BRS from INN but this season it's only one, although TUI's new Memmingen flight has been operating to Innsbruck instead so far this season. The Austrian Airlines flight is operated for Inghams and Esprit.

easyJet also operates 3 x weekly to INN in the ski season.

I think you will find tui operating to INN is weather related at Memmingen
It seems to have been operating to INN all season so far. At least on those Saturdays that I've looked.

Scottish school half term maybe ?
Good suggestion. I've checked Edinburgh school holidays and they begin this Monday for a week. In the West of England they don't begin until the following week.

If that is the reason then next Saturday they will be bringing back the EDI passengers via BRS whilst at the same time having to deal with a presumably increased number going out from BRS with half-term in the West beginning then. Perhaps they will route INN-EDI-BRS-INN. Bit of a Cook's Tour for the returning BRS passengers if that was to be the case, but then again so too for the outbound BRS-INN passengers today if they have to fly via EDI.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock