Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Flybe had some decent code shares with a wide range of carriers. Now my insolvency knowledge isn’t great but I’m wondering if buying the assets had these oven ready to bring back. We’re also talking filling equipment half the size but at better times! BA had around 33% point to point from memory so that market isn’t completely to be excluded.

I think it really depends on how you internally assign any fares between the short haul connection and the long haul flight - any domestic connection route can be made to look very profitable or a complete basket case depending on how you move that particular slider on the spreadsheet.

US-UK traffic and CA-UK is still not really back to normal yet.

KLM seem to have stood the test of time with hubbing via AMS maybe they should be using their accounting model.

KLM seem to have stood the test of time with hubbing via AMS maybe they should be using their accounting model.

Maybe. KLM have a higher need to get connecting passengers from anywhere as well since the Netherlands travel market is much smaller than the UK travel market. They also were helped by BA abandoning most domestic outstations in the UK many years ago leaving KLM able to operate with little competition.

Maybe. KLM have a higher need to get connecting passengers from anywhere as well since the Netherlands travel market is much smaller than the UK travel market. They also were helped by BA abandoning most domestic outstations in the UK many years ago leaving KLM able to operate with little competition.

Jesus hie many years you counting back?

kLM grabbed a market via AMS which no one can compete against .
Just look at how many UK airports KLM nie
serve compared to our so called national Airline...

Comparing BA (LHR) with KLM (AMS) isn't really too helpful as they are different beasts and different airports. BA have seemed uninterested for years in maintaining a hub and spoke system as far as connecting flights are concerned whilst KLM have actively done the opposite and reaped whatever rewards that provides. In the days when I was going backwards and forwards to the Middle East the KLM approach provided dividends as AMS was a much better experience than LHR with good connections to wherever. How much it has cost them to maintain the AMS feeder traffic is a mystery to me but it seems to have worked for them. For whatever reason BA didn't seem to want the same level of connecting traffic as KLM. That was and is their choice. However I don't think BA have a down on LBA. It is a different business model they have persued over the years. Both airlines seem happy with the choices they have made and I doubt either intend to change in the immediate future.

I flying from Heathrow in September but am reluctant to book my connecting flight with Flybe, so could end up going from Manchester! There doesn't seem to be a phone number for Flybe help and they don't seem to respond on their ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- page. Bit of a black hole.
Try 0330 165 3051, Mon - Fri, 09.00 - 17.30 (per Flybe website, FAQ's, "Contact Us")

Just to touch back on BA viability on the LBA - LHR route. BA never said it was leaving because it didn't make any money, it said it was leaving LBA to fly "more profitable routes".

We cried out for the Flybe style schedule yes, but WITH connection / codeshare, point to point is great but as Business travel hasn't recovered either yet, it maybe hard to fill 3 rotations a day still.

Flybe need to move quick and get a codeshare sorted asap. ideally within T2.

BA night stop is what we have been crying out for.

Business travel is recovering fairly well so think there will be some point to point and others will still use for connex even if on a separate ticket. Yes not ideal but dont think a dead duck here, especially with just 78 seats to fill per flight
I agree but not worth risk to me as the airline I'm connecting with only has 2 flights a week!

Just booked my flights down to Buenos Aires(EZE) for the 14th June. BA LHR-MIA then connect onto an American Airlines flight to EZE. BA flight is at 1415 and I’d love to get the 0645 FlyBe down to LHR which would land at 0800. Over 6 hours to connect…that should be ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock