Re: Humberside Airport - Thread

Good on them for launching and I wish them well. A June start should provide sufficient lead in time to before the launch. The shear number of flights from other airports in the North would suggest a significant number of those passengers originate from well within the Humberside catchment area so the company shouldn't have any difficulty filling the seats. To further back them, we know that Thomas Cook and formerly Airtours had significant summer programmes from the airport so we know the demand exists.

The airlines first problem..

http://www.jetxtra.com/News3.html

Strange how jet2 are concerned about this start up.. Particularly when they appear not to be interested in operating from HUY, and LBA is some 78 miles away!

What an absolutely pathetic stance for Jet2 to take. If Meeson or Doubtfire are feeling challenged then they ought to up their game rather than try and put nonsense legal obstacles in the way of ventures such as this. I didn't notice JetBlue threatening to sue Jet2, which sounds much more alike.

Does jetXtra.com have its own AOC or is it effectively a ticketing agency, along the lines of Manx2? If the latter which airline will it use for its flights.

It does seem a fuss about nothing because I doubt that the ordinary punter will be confused, if they even bother to think about it.

There are some who still mix up Thomson with Thomas Cook of course.

A search for jetXtra on google will bring up the suggestion of 'Jetstar' and no mention of Jet2.com or affiliates.

I believe jetXtra will be acting as a ticket agent, the airline they are using is on the link below..

http://www.albastar.es/

Im not sure how jetXtras' financial backers (the CTT Group) will see this. The fact that the letter has been sent to them could suggest Jet2.com may believe they will reconsider their position in this operation.

Im normally a big fan of jet2. I admire what they are doing as routes such as LBA-BUD and MAN-TLV would not exist without them, but, this action is very pathetic.

The jetXtras.com site looks nothing like the jet2 one, either by name, colour scheme, operating airport, website layout or advertising.

This is the action of a nervous airline, and quite frankly, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. Rather than fight a fair battle, they lower themselves to this.

Ill be honest, I expected better of Jet2.

I totally agree with everybody on this. I suspect it will backfire on Jet2 when the BBC find out and give Jetxtra some free advertising. Shame on Jet2 as the dark cloud decends over them.

At least it shows that Jet2 are seeing this as a serious setup.

Made tge local news today, on our version of Look North, plus supposidly on local radio stations too. Hopefully it will raise awareness of jetXtra. A local solicitor was interviewed saying that jet2 haven't got a case against them.

pug said:
Made tge local news today, on our version of Look North, plus supposidly on local radio stations too. Hopefully it will raise awareness of jetXtra. A local solicitor was interviewed saying that jet2 haven't got a case against them.

I'm all for jet2, fly with them 2-3 times a year plus will end up working for them in the near future, but they do need to grow up, they actually don't have a leg to stand on this is something i would expect from airlines like Ryan-air, not jet2, i am appalled about all of this.

On a plus side i'm glad that the local area is gaining awareness on the fact a new airline starting out at HUY, even if it's not for the right reasons. Least it gives them a little bit of media coverage.

It's good to see everyone is behind Jetxtra on this. Jet2 are clearly out of order and as somebody has already pointed out, there's more similarity between Jet2 and JetBlue than Jet2 and Jetxtra.

Shame on Jet2, I'm off to Dusseldorf with them next week, and am due to book again for an April flight, instead I'm going to either go to Weeze with Ryanair or Köln Bonn with GermanWings from Manc. I like to support my 'local' airline, but am so annoyed with their pathetic stance with JetXtra that I'll take the only action I can. I know it won't hurt Jet2 and I don't expect anyone to follow suit, but from my perspective I don't feel like giving money to Meeson and Doubtfire with these disgraceful business 'tactics'.

Good luck JetXtra, I hope that you win your case and prosper, in this near bare economy, any moves towards business start-up and enterprise can only help this region and this country.

It seems an odd thing for the CAA to do on the basis that Jet2 have only started on the first step prior to any legal proceedings against jetextra - only a court can decide the outcome if it goes that far.

I wonder if jetextra would have a case to successfully sue Jet2 and/or the CAA for loss of revenue if Jet2's action against them was to fail.

Is jetextra really any sort of threat to Jet2? This can be doing Jets2's reputation with the public no good at all.

As the plot thickens, we have to remember we have only seen one side to the story.. Tgere may well be more than.meets the eye.

Well i can honestly say a few other people i know who have seen this have shunned Jet2, around 28 in total if i include their family members, and won't be flying this year with them, instead some have said they will choose Ryanair while others have said they will go with other airlines from Manchester.

I think Jet2 is being really childish at this time, even a family member of mine said so too and they work for the airline.

It's such a shame that PM and his cronies are doing. How i wish i could meet him so i could tell him what a complete bully and idiot he is being, this isn't really worth it for Jet2, all Jetxtra are trying to do is set up a small business of flights from an airport Jet2 do not even fly from.

As the plot thickens, we have to remember we have only seen one side to the story.. Tgere may well be more than.meets the eye.

That's a fair point, pug.

Whichever way you look at it, this needs sorting quickly. It's not fair on Jetxtra if they are considered to be legitimate and it's equally unfair for the passengers who may have already booked with them. The sad thing is people are unlikely to book with them while there is uncertainty in it's future, even if it's protected by ATOL and ABTA.

A report on tonights look north said the reason for the CAA suspension was because jetXtra had exceeded its booking allocations (and therefore its ATOL bond??), so ot seems this has nothing to do with Jet2 this time.

If that is the case then Im concerned that they are posting untruths on their website..

I've just caught up with this thread and at first I couldn't believe that Jet2 were objecting in the way there were about the name Jetextra. Thinking about it though leads me to think that they must have a just cause or they wouldn't go to the trouble and expense would they. Have they already got a call on the name?

If the report on Look North is correct (and they have been know to get things wrong) it would suggest under funding as far as the ATOL bond is concerned. Not a good sign whichever way you look at it.

A further concern for me would be that an airline started in the middle of a recesion with just two passenger 734's would be providing the flights. Not a confidence booster.

In the light of the above I would be suprised if we end up seeing flights from HUY to the fleshpots of Palma and Malaga this summer. Shame really as I would like to see more flights (even if they are summer only) from HUY. Lets wait and see but the omens are not good I fear.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024
UTFD Step 4 here Come First Away day and the best day of my life
Technically the 14th anniversary of me working at my present job. Tuesday after the May Day bank holiday is when I started .. last Saturday was the actual anniversary.
Whipee it's Friday!
Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock