Sherburnflyer92

May 7, 2011
No where
I'm just wondering what aircraft and how many are based at Manchester? Also what patterns they do? I'm trying to work it out, and thus far have about 4 a/c based at manchester based on a tuesday afternoon, SSH, DLM, PFO & HER! However when i come up with AMS does the a/c w off elsewhere and if so where abouts?

Easyjet have 6 aircraft based at Manchester, with a 7th arriving in the winter.

Im not sure of route patterns, but, Zurich is being dropped on 29th March, with new routes due to be announced soon.

Hopefully Jet2 will stick on the route.

They offer more baggage, and have now got a bit of a following at MAN. Ive also heard the flights are usually rammed full, so there should be room for 2. Also, this day has been coming for years, as Easyjet has threatened to serve MAN-TLV in the past, but Jet2 stuck with it.
There is also the fact that the MAN airport timetable shows Jet2 increasing to 4-5 weekly every year, and whilst it hasn't materialised, there is no smoke without fire. This means if Jet2 thought there could be 4 flights per week, the fact this number has now been reached means it could be sustainable.

But there is the other hand, where, history tells us, they don't like to share on Niche routes at MAN (Milan, Madrid, Istanbul to name 3).

I suppose only time will tell as I thought Budapest could suffer now Ryanair serve MAN-BUD too, but, Jet2 seem to have stuck it out with a daily flight.

Well Jet2 have already started a price war with Easyjet now that they have competition on the Manchester to Tel Aviv route. As they reduced there lowest priced fare to £78 one-way overnight and have started to advertise the route on its website home page.

Easyjet have today announced that from October 1st, they will run a 4 weekly Basle flight. Route will be available to book next week.

[ Post made via iPhone ]
iPhone.png

Does anyone know what A320's they have based between now and July? Im flying an Easyet A320 to Heraklion 3 July and I was just wondering what aircrafts I may fly on :search:

Easyjet have confirmed they will next year base at least 1 more aircraft at Manchester, taking the based fleet to 7.

However, the staff at Manchester have been told to expect 8 based aircraft, using 2 aircraft displaced from the Madrid base. Also, this has been fueled by the fact EDI is confirmed as getting 2 extra aircraft, with 100 jobs, but Manchester's 1 aircraft will apparently create 120 jobs. Make of that what you will.

Also, Easyjet are attempting to get the rights to serve Manchester-Moscow, for a 2013 start.

With based unit number 7, Easyjet have announced 5 new routes:

Keflavik, 2 weekly on Sunday and Thursday from February 14th.

Mykanos, Santorini, Antalya and Venice have also appeared in the mobile app, but not yet made the transition to the desktop site, but should be announced by the end of the week.

This brings the total routes to 29 (30 if MAD returns which easyjet said could return for S13 and still in the booking engine).

This makes MAN a bigger base than LPL now by both routes and capacity:

LPL has 26 routes with 2xA320 and 5xA319
MAN has 29 routes with 4xA320 and 3xA319

Easyjet have announced yet MORE expansion from Manchester.

8th based aircraft confirmed, which is an A320, bringing the fleet to 5 A320 and 3 A319.

3 new routes:

Moscow. 4 weekly Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun.
Prague 3 weekly Wedm fri and Sun
Thessaloniki 2 weekly Mon and fri.

All 3 routes begin March 2013 and go on sale in the next 2-3 weeks.

Moscow is the most interesting, starting the same time as LGW after the fanfare of them gaining the rights, and is the only UK point outside London to be linked to Russia.

Easyjet also welcomed their 5 millionth passenger this week, since starting operations in 2007.

Easyjet have announced their 36th route from Manchester.

Porto will begin on 29th March. The flight will be 3 weekly on Tue, Thu and Sun.

This now links all the major Portuguese airports to MAN (LIS/FNC/FAO/OPO), and OPO has been long overdue.

As well as oporto yesterday, Easyjet have now added 2 weekly Marseille and 2 weekly Pisa. Word is that a 9th aircraft will be based.

Easyjet have now confirmed at least 9 based aircraft from Summer 2015 (hints of a 10th), and 5 new routes already announced (Oporto, Pisa, Marseille and Funchal).

A 5th new route will also be announced soon, as well as frequency increases on others

3 more routes to come.

Santiago in Spain, 2 weekly
Split, Croatia, 2 weekly
Paris CDG, 5 weekly

To be announced in next 2 weeks.

9 based aircraft and now 41 routes!

New 2 weekly Kefalonia from May 2015.

Operates Tue/Fri.

Split 2 weekly from May too.

user001 said:
3 more routes to come.

Santiago in Spain, 2 weekly
Split, Croatia, 2 weekly
Paris CDG, 5 weekly

To be announced in next 2 weeks.

9 based aircraft and now 41 routes!

I assume Paris never materialised into actual flights

Easyjet winter 2015 now on sale, with a few increases

Amsterdam goes 3 daily on Fri and Sun
Belfast goes 4 daily on Fri
Berlin goes 2 daily on Fri and Sun
Copenhagen goes 2 daily on Fri, Sun Mon
Prague goes 4 weekly

Moscow looks to be dropped, but hardly a surprise given the situation in Russia at the moment.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock