thenailport

Mar 15, 2012
Introducing Bristol Airport's Newest Destination!!!

A new stylish CND Shellac nail bar coming to Bristol Airport 26th March!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.thenailport.co.uk

Please follow us on http://www.***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-.com/thenailportuk & http://www.twitter.com/thenailport

Treat your nails to a full makeover in just 30 minutes. Visit The Nailport, located on the upper level of the Departure Lounge.

Re: Bristol Airport - Retail Thread

Should prove a success. My local airport at Leeds used to have a similar nail bar. The airport decided it didn't fit in with their expansion plans which was a real shame because it was very popular. It had it's own supply of regular business passengers (men and women) using the service.

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you know of any good websites to promote our business?

Thanks

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=E-YH0r7xr6M[/video]

This is a really informative video of the Bristol airport retail offering.

SSP invests in Bristol Airport food & beverage makeover

Leading travel restaurateur SSP is to invest over £150,000 (US$238,000) to improve Bristol Airport’s food & beverage offer.

The investment forms part of a project aiming to “improve ambience, accessibility and comfort" for passengers travelling through the airport.

The airport's full-service restaurant, Dexters, will be the first concept to undergo a makeover, with new furniture and lighting being introduced to create a more "relaxed atmosphere".

An updated menu system will also make it easier for customers to calculate costs when choosing what to order, and a new ten-minute service guarantee on selected items will aim to provide peace of mind for those in a hurry.

Bar Zero9, the airport’s largest bar, will also see improvements aimed at delivering better service to the thousands of customers it hosts every day. Distinct eating and drinking zones will be introduced to create a “welcoming environment”, while a ‘fan zone’ will be equipped with new plasma screens for use during major televised sporting events. Reserved areas and host service can be booked in advance by visiting this website.

The Burger King in the departures area will also receive a new look along with new seating. This will entail a one week closure to be scheduled between the Easter and summer holiday periods.

The Seafood Bar will be rebranded as a Wine & Deli Bar, widening the menu to include regionally sourced food such as Wiltshire ham, Somerset cheeses and locally caught fish. Wine flights, small samplers of three different wines, will also be introduced to the offer.

Olly Swayne, SSP Operations Manager at Bristol Airport, said: “This work represents a significant investment in food and drink facilities at Bristol Airport and ensures that restaurants and bars adapt to meet the changing needs of travellers, allowing them to eat, drink and relax before they fly.”

Bristol Airport Retail Manager Tom Hack said: “Families heading off on holiday this summer will be able to enjoy a wider range of food and drink options when waiting to board their flights. Business travellers will also benefit from a more comfortable environment in which to work and relax.”

http://www.moodiereport.com/document.ph ... c_id=30404

Ah, the Seafood Bar - to be rebranded as a Wine and Deli Bar.

It's been a Seafood Bar for several years and I'd never have put money on it lasting so long.

A Fish & Chips bar would be good, or perhaps that's the Yorkshire coming out in me.

Dixons Travel comes to Bristol Airport

Dixons Travel has today opened a brand new store at Bristol Airport. The welcome new addition, located in Bristol Airport’s Departure Lounge, will be the first store to open with the new ‘Dixons Travel’ branding and fascia, offering competitively-priced electricals for holidaymakers and business professionals alike.

The new store will offer an extensive range of products including a choice of nearly 200 sets of headphones, and over 100 different hardware products. In total, there will be approximately 1,000 different products on the shop floor.

Simon Preece, Commercial Director, Bristol Airport, said: “We aim to provide a great shopping experience at Bristol Airport and a household name like Dixons makes a great addition to our departure lounge. Passengers have been telling us they want more choice when it comes to technology items, and we have listened - Dixons will have 1,000 products available in-store.”

Neil Hollins, Managing Director, Dixons Travel, said: “This is now our 25th store in the UK and significantly expands our offering to customers passing through UK airports. The Bristol Airport store launches our new branding but will offer the same excellent service and fantastically low prices that our travel-bound customers have come to expect. It’s great for the South West and great for the airport itself.”

http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/media-c ... store.aspx

This an airport press release so I've copied it in full.

Do people really wait until they get to an airport before purchasing electrical goods for their trip or holiday?

I've often wondered the same but I guess many people forget to pack things. Looking at the Dixons branch at Birmingham airport it looks like they are very much tailored to passenger needs. Cameras, laptops and iPods to DVDs and I guess they will stock things like phone chargers and batteries which will be popular. I do think airports need to have a good throughput to be able to offer companies like Dixons but Bristol airport has good passenger figures so it should do well.

Does anyone know which shop it is replacing?

Does anyone know which shop it is replacing?

I don't I'm afraid. I don't take much notice of the retail outlets at the airport except for the ones that offer food and drink.

The non-refreshment retail outlets currently listed on the airport website airside are:

Dixons
WH Smith
WH Smith Books
Worlddutyfree
Superdrug
Claire's

I don't know whether this will help to show what might now be missing and replaced by Dixons.

It replaced the WDF sunglasses shop next to superdrug.

A smarter way to order food and drinks at Bristol Airport

Bristol Airport has become the first in the world to offer customers in its bars and lounges the opportunity to order food and drinks via their Smartphone. Customers can download the new free QikServe® App in seconds, place and order and have their food served at their table in three simple steps. This means they don’t have to queue at the bar, or worry about leaving valuables. They can do it all from the comfort of their seat.

The new initiative will confirm the reputation of the airport for innovation and customer service, which has contributed to its position as one the UK’s fastest growing airports.

Tom Hack, Retail Manager, Bristol Airport said; “By introducing Qikserve to the busiest food and beverage location, Bar Zero 9 at Bristol Airport, it allows the team to deliver a seamless and stress-free start to the customers’ journey. This innovative App, which can be downloaded for free using the airport WiFi service, means that customers can select, order and pay for their food and drinks without having to leave their table or wait at the bar.”

This is an airport press release so is quoted in full. Link at -
http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/media-c ... serve.aspx

The airport is certainly innovative and has led the way in a number of initiatives where it's been first in the field of UK airports and, as in this case, further afield.

In some ways this seems the ultimate in laziness. I visualise punters almost too lazy even to eat or drink what they order and demanding a modern version of a sedan chair to be carried in to the aircraft. Maybe the next step will a machine that eats and drinks for you to save people the bother.

There is a letter in the local rag today from a regular BRS user saying that the Subway outlet on the ground floor landside is closing and he's heard it's being replaced with 'yet another coffee shop' (his words).

Towards the end of last year I have a recollection that the airport said that new retail outlet occupants for the extended terminal that's currently being built would be announced in February this year, although that would be airside.

I'm not a fan of Subway but I can understand why the person writing to the local rag is complaining about having more coffee shops.

It is probable the unit is run by one of the big food service providers such as SSP (Compass Group) who will have a huge array of franchise brands at their disposal. More often than not the airport authority will have a big say as to what goes there.

Subway was the only outlet that provided hot food throughout the night at reasonable prices. So its closing will be a blow to staff. The Ritazza outlet landside stays open all night but is expensive.

Nail bar should present a different type of challenge. Traditionally it is operated by vietnamese immigrants who in most cases are illegal and trafficked. Thats the impression i get from the high street nail bars. Getting airside passes for them may be a problem.

Double whammy for staff deals. Not only has Subway closed to be replaced by those ever proliferating coffee shops, even Burger King has reduced staff discounts from 20% to 10%. I have to start making sandwiches now or develop a taste for coffee and cakes :whiteflag:

kraktoa said:
Double whammy for staff deals. Not only has Subway closed to be replaced by those ever proliferating coffee shops, even Burger King has reduced staff discounts from 20% to 10%. I have to start making sandwiches now or develop a taste for coffee and cakes :whiteflag:

Your not the only one, there is a lot of talk from the staff at the airport boycotting the coffee shops and Burger King etc due to the reduction of discount.

big g said:
kraktoa said:

Your not the only one, there is a lot of talk from the staff at the airport boycotting the coffee shops and Burger King etc due to the reduction of discount.

Sounds just like my days at the airport. At LBA SSP used to offer a 20% discount during the winter season when there were hardly enough passengers to keep the business ticking over. Come the summer the discount used to be reduced to 10% as a big thank you to staff for keeping the place open (sarcastically speaking :rolleyes:) There were a few of us who used to boycott BK and the other outlets operated by SSP who were happy to rip off staff by charging service station prices.

Consultative Committee Meeting

The minutes of the most recent meeting (that of 29 July this year) indicate a rise in customer complaints which the Customer Services Delivery Manager (I love these grand job titles - not really) said was a reflection on the increase in passenger numbers.

There were three main areas of complaint, two of which related to catering service and quality (fewer options whilst works were taking place was the explanation) and the third concerned the Executive Lounge where some passengers who expected to do so were unable to gain access because it was full.

Perhaps the second executive lounge that is now open will go some way to dealing with the last problem.

Airport food outlets invariably take on low skilled workers who work very long hours for little pay in usually poor conditions. It doesn't come as any great surprise that airports receive a high proportion of complaints in this area.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock