I’m delighted about this announcement as I’m sure many are!

Yes it’s only one route, but 13 extra flights a week from BHX is a feat which shouldn’t be underestimated.

Most recent launches tend to be 2 or 3 flights per week, such as Jet2’s holiday destinations.

These 13 extra flights a week are ~ equivalent to 5 new Jet2 routes at 2-3 weekly frequencies. 180,000 predicted passengers per year is a pretty incredible growth in pax from a single route launch.

Very grateful easyJet have finally launched a new route and I hope and pray it does well. We need some competition on EDI, CDG, AMS, MXP etc.

Flybe have had the monopoly on these routes for too long, I remember the days of Bmibaby when I paid about £50 return BHX-EDI which seems impossible to find now. Hopefully with Connect Airways relinquishing CDG & AMS slots, competition could come sooner than we think!

Indeed. This is major news for BHX with a single route....

BFS = 18x Weekly Flights
GLA = 13x Weekly Flights (New)
GVA = 3x Weekly Flights

That's a total of 34x weekly flights A WEEK and an increase of 62% from the previous year. Those weekly flights will provide circa 12,250 seats a week or 630,000 seats a year. Certainly not to be sniffed at....

Hi there all, fantastic news, thank you EasyJet for finally realising that bhx does have what you are looking for, hopefully we'll here about a route for Edinburgh, which would be great as well, but let's not get to carried away just yet, let's see if the route can become even more popular... Andyc

Great news. Well done to BHX and the team!
I am sure that this is the start with Nick Barton using his previous relationship with Easyjet at Luton to apply some leverage. They may well pick up some of the CDG and AMS slots as the next step. They may need the success of an additional route to build their confidence in BHX and then maybe the case will become overwhelming to open a base

My only caution is the negative impact on Flybe. For sure they will have had some very good years on these routes with yields likely to have been high. They might not have the stomach for the competition

We don't know and may never know whether any posters knew of Easyjet's news in advance and, perhaps, it is not that important anyway. But what is important is the manner with which the announcement was made.
BHX has been under critical scrutiny for seemingly not being able to attract new routes/airlines and it has also received that same scrutiny for behind behind the curve when new routes are announced, Wizzair being a case in point.
However, Easyjet's new route to Glasgow was publicised in a very professional joint exercise: both airline and airport made the announcement which, i am sure, came as a welcome surprise to many posters. Whether this signifies greater connectivity between airlines and the publicity machine at BHX remains to be seen.
But now Nick Barton has his feet under the table and can manage the airport in a manner similar to what he created in Luton we can hope that 'behind the scenes', things are now beginning to show signs of improvement.
I hope so and am encouraged to keep a close watch on 'route development and rumours' as we move into autumn.

Just having a break out the sun enjoying a cold one and thought I'd log on, I'm glad that I did :)

Looking at those numbers they are quite substantial and this will be a very popular route.

One thing that I will confirm is that I had a conversation with Ian several weeks ago and he said to expect more from easyjet, they have now delivered (y)

I said the futures bright weeks ago !!

Definitely more confident in saying that I AM Sure there is more to come :)

Hi there all, fantastic news from easyJet, let's hope they don't stop, the more the better, just think Glasgow next year, how many seats available did I read, 400-500,000, well if that's the correct number, then yes please, Birmingham Airport will definitely not only smash through the 13,000,000, but who knows what the number could grow and expand too, let's just wait and see... Andyc

Hi there all, fantastic news from easyJet, let's hope they don't stop, the more the better, just think Glasgow next year, how many seats available did I read, 400-500,000, well if that's the correct number, then yes please, Birmingham Airport will definitely not only smash through the 13,000,000, but who knows what the number could grow and expand too, let's just wait and see... Andyc

180,000 not 400,000-500,000

BHX should get back to 13m around March time

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock