Advertisement

Movements, Logs & Head Up

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
When 09 is the landing runway they do the turn over Weston for the localiser.
I can only speak from my experience as a passenger who has flown into BRS on 09 on many occasions from various parts of the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe. Rather than go off at half cock with an explanation I'm not qualified to give I'll leave the detailed reply to someone who is qualified. I know we have members who are professional aviation staff at BRS - both flight deck and ATCO.

Advertisement

Severn

Premium Member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol, UK
Saturday 29th June 2019
Couple of interesting movements today:

- Todays BH Air flight to BOJ is being operated by a Georgian company - MyWay Airlines.
The flight is being operated by a B737-800 registered 4L-MWA which spends it's week operating out of Tblisi, Georgia and operated last weekend and this weekend for BH Air (last weekend it operated to MAN), so pretty unusual round these parts!

- No doubt visiting for Glastonbury, a KlasJet (Lithuanian Charter Company) B737-500 LY-KLJ arrives from Stockholm Arlanda this afternoon.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Friday 28 June 2019

BRS website showed a PAV flight code to Copenhagen last night. I had seen what looked like a small white T-tail jet flying outbound near my house around 9pm. I later checked and found that PAV relates to ProAir Aviation, a German company that apparently possesses a couple of CRJ-200 series aircraft.

Severn

Premium Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol, UK
Saturday 29th June 2019

B737-700(QC) - N737AT operated by Hillwood Airways (Texas, USA) is due in from Odense, Denmark at around 2pm this afternoon. Looks like a private charter aircraft with a cargo door! Again, assuming it has something to do with Glastonbury.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Out of sheer curiosity I checked the number of departures today which numbered 102 (Airbus and BAE corporate shuttles not included). Had flybmi still been operating there would have been another 12-14. Tuesday is not usually the busiest day of the week but the breakdown by airline was as follows:

easyJet 55
Ryanair 20
TUI 9
Thomas Cook 6
KLM Cityhopper 4
Aer Lingus Regional 3
Air Malta 1
Loganair 1
Wizz Air 1
Aurigny 1
Blue Islands/Flybe 1

The list clearly shows the dominance of easyJet.

superking

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2013
Any one have any idea what aircraft type and what it was doing in BRS yesterday the 13th. It arrived from the states and wondered where it departed to.

superking

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2013
Thanks for that Ice-tongs. With a few on here work at the airport I am surprised they not been all over this one as a unusual visitor.

Marko1

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2013
Could be something interesting tomorrow & might stay for a few days, keep your eyes peeled.
Just a thought , it wouldn’t happen to be a a321 by any chance as there’s been no publicity whatsoever about the fact there will be 2 based next month ?

NOSIGWX

Dec 2, 2014
Just a thought , it wouldn’t happen to be a a321 by any chance as there’s been no publicity whatsoever about the fact there will be 2 based next month ?
Something a bit more exotic, you won't miss it if it turns up.

Severn

Premium Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol, UK
There are only 38x B767-400 in the world, 21x with Delta, 16x with United and 1x VIP aircraft with Bahrain Royal Flight.

The Bahrain Royal Flight aircraft is registered A9C-HMH and is a regular visitor to STN (it is there currently). The Royal Flight's fleet also includes 2x B747-400s and a BBJ. Hopefully we will see this visitor at BRS soon!

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
There are only 38x B767-400 in the world, 21x with Delta, 16x with United and 1x VIP aircraft with Bahrain Royal Flight.

The Bahrain Royal Flight aircraft is registered A9C-HMH and is a regular visitor to STN (it is there currently). The Royal Flight's fleet also includes 2x B747-400s and a BBJ. Hopefully we will see this visitor at BRS soon!
Interesting! I wonder why it was planned for BRS? As I couldn't see why a United or Delta one would visit?

Severn

Premium Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol, UK
You'd be surprised where these and other "Royal Flights" from certain areas of the world travel to, and more importantly how often!
This will not be a head of state for a visit, usually quite the opposite!

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
You'd be surprised where these and other "Royal Flights" from certain areas of the world travel to, and more importantly how often!
This will not be a head of state for a visit, usually quite the opposite!
I can appreciate why NOSIGWX was understandably cautious about revealing too much detail prior to the event if indeed it was a Bahrain Royal Flight aircraft pencilled in to visit.

Advertisement

Top Bottom