I wonder if any tornados will be kept air worthy for some sort of memorial flights.

Driving up Barrow Hill on the A38 just before midday today I saw a coach from the North East parked in the layby near the top of the hill frequently used by vehicles awaiting passengers from incoming aircraft. Around 1400 hours I saw the same coach at the bottom of Redhill heading south. It bore a sign in the front, 'Newcastle Falcons'. Newcastle Falcons are playing at Exeter tomorrow in the English Rugby Premiership.

It seems the squad must have arrived on the easyJet flight from Newcastle that arrived at 1315 and their coach had travelled from the North East ahead of them to convey them from BRS to Exeter. Interesting way of travelling.

Couldn't they have hired a coach from Bristol?
Seemed the obvious thing but the coach might be their usual mode of travel when visiting most of the Prem clubs (Exeter is the most distant for them) and it might be fitted out for the Falcons' use. Bristol City FC doesn't fly often to away matches but uses a coach from a local company that is set up to a high spec for the club's use.

It seems the squad must have arrived on the easyJet flight from Newcastle that arrived at 1315 and their coach had travelled from the North East ahead of them to convey them from BRS to Exeter. Interesting way of travelling.
A lot of teams do that. I remember seeing the Man City coach on the m4 while the team were getting a flight from Cardiff.

I saw a big coach emblazoned with Gloucester Rugby Club enter the airport about 2.40 this afternoon. There were no passengers and I assumed it was there to pick up members of the club. If so I don't know where they've been - according to their website they have no fixtures in midweek.

If they were on a charter flight would that come into the southside via Centreline's facilities?

I saw a big coach emblazoned with Gloucester Rugby Club enter the airport about 2.40 this afternoon. There were no passengers and I assumed it was there to pick up members of the club. If so I don't know where they've been - according to their website they have no fixtures in midweek.

If they were on a charter flight would that come into the southside via Centreline's facilities?

Doesn't look to be anything out of the ordinary, however they may have used one of the commercial flights with easyJet for example.

Doesn't look to be anything out of the ordinary, however they may have used one of the commercial flights with easyJet for example.
It's also quite possible that the coach may have been there picking up other passengers not affiliated to Gloucester rugby especially if the coach isn't owned by them but is on a contract basis from a local company.

BRS departures page showing Blue Islands departure to La Rochelle at 1115 today. No doubt it's in connection with the European Challenge Cup (the number two European competiton) rugby union quarter-final between La Rochelle and Bristol tomorrow. Type of aircraft not shown but it will be an ATR42 or 72 if it's a Blue Islands aircraft.

BRS departures page showing Blue Islands departure to La Rochelle at 1115 today. No doubt it's in connection with the European Challenge Cup (the number two European competiton) rugby union quarter-final between La Rochelle and Bristol tomorrow. Type of aircraft not shown but it will be an ATR42 or 72 if it's a Blue Islands aircraft.

Blue Islands ATR72-500 G-ISLK arrived from JER at 12:30 and departed to LRH at 13:30.

I see the Red arrows back in Weston Super Mare air days again this year.With luck they will park in BRS airport again,and with luck do a little display at the airport like last year. Lets hope the weather is kind.The air days are the end of june.

I see the Red arrows back in Weston Super Mare air days again this year.With luck they will park in BRS airport again,and with luck do a little display at the airport like last year. Lets hope the weather is kind.The air days are the end of june.

Weston airday on the weekend 22/23rd of June. No Reds at Bristol this year.

Found the following on FR24 - AA on LHR to BRS!

A bit weird, aircraft type shown as 'RFS', could it be 'road freight (ferry) service' or something like that? Thought BRS didn't 'do' freight!

Its showing 3 dates (so not a one off) and a transit time of 18 hours! so can't believe any pax involved.

Anyone got any ideas? Freight for Filton maybe?

Flight history for American Airlines flight AA8753

FLIGHTS HISTORY DATE FROM TO AIRCRAFT FLIGHT TIME STD ATD STA STATUS

22 Apr 2019
-
Scheduled

STD7:00 PM
ATD—
STA1:00 PM
FROM London (LHR)
TO Bristol (BRS)
22 Apr 2019 London (LHR) Bristol (BRS) RFS —7:00 PM— 1:00 PM

Scheduled Play

21 Apr 2019
-
Scheduled

ATD—
FROM London (LHR)
TO Bristol (BRS)
21 Apr 2019 London (LHR) Bristol (BRS) RFS —7:00 PM— 1:00 PM

Scheduled Play

18 Apr 2019
-
Unknown

ATD—
FROM London (LHR)
TO Bristol (BRS)
18 Apr 2019 London (LHR) Bristol (BRS) RFS —7:00 PM— 1:00 PM

Unknown Play

That's what went over my house in Weston super mare about mid day. Don't know what type of aircraft it was but it sounded a bit like a German stuka aircraft they used in the war,but it was much bigger than one of them.

That's what went over my house in Weston super mare about mid day. Don't know what type of aircraft it was but it sounded a bit like a German stuka aircraft they used in the war,but it was much bigger than one of them.
Crikey. I hope it wasn't a 100-year old Luftwaffe pilot who's been hiding on Steep Holm for nearly three-quarters of a century not knowing the war was over. Was the Ju87 dive bombing the Old Pier with its siren wailing? It would get my support if it was.

Strange place, Weston-super-Mare. I know. I went to school there for five years. Actually I still like Weston and, trying desperately to keep this post within some bounds of reality, it's a good place to watch aircraft going into CWL and leaving BRS when the wind is generally out of the western quadrant, sometimes watching aircraft for/from both airports at the same time.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock