Thanks! The walk in the morning was brilliant ... only I wish I could have think of taking spare pair of shoes!!!!

ps I don't know why it's cutting the photos, just click them to see in lager size :)

I was at EMA Tue eve and Wed early afternoon and the AN124 was parked up, hoping it would go out. The weather, especially Wed, was abysmal for photographs.
How I long for the days of the 70's when there was always something exotic at Fields, Air Cameroun DC3; Ethiopian DC3; Iraqi A/W Visc. Ah well, back to the present day!

Ray Finkle said:
Fantastic photo's :hatsoff:

Where did you take them from?
Thanks, I am not very good at locations around airport so I will try to describe :D I parked up at Diseworth road and walked down the muddy trail past the wreck for firefighters. There's what looks like unused crashgate and that's where I was. I found that there is quite alive group of spotters for east midlands on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***-, they roughly knew the depart time of the antonov, although it departed 50min later than said on ***Links to other Social Media platforms are not permitted***- I still was lucky. If it won't rain I will go on the full round trip around airport during the weekend.

Also word to Seasider, being grumpy won't help bringing more interesting planes :) just this week there are few 747s, some bombardiers and other interesting stuff on the ground or coming and going. ;)

Thanks, I didn't realise there was parking on Diseworth Road. I must make time for another trip up there next time something interesting is in.

rad said:
Ray Finkle said:
Fantastic photo's :hatsoff:

Also word to Seasider, being grumpy won't help bringing more interesting planes :) just this week there are few 747s, some bombardiers and other interesting stuff on the ground or coming and going. ;)

Being grumpy comes with age and having to sit in a car and turn on the ignition so you can clear the windscreen.
:sad:

Ray Finkle said:
Thanks, I didn't realise there was parking on Diseworth Road.

Well... there's no parking :) but the on the side of the road there's plenty of space so you can park without blocking the way. Plenty of cars were there from the spotters to dog walkers. Let me know when you will be going that way, maybe I will be able to join you :drinks:

Seasider ... does that mean you turn into Garfield? :) well jokes aside, looking at various, older photos of planes at EMA I can see your point :)

Great pictures Seasider thanks for posting them.

The DHL facility sure is going to be something when the extension and hangar are done.

From the planning documents.

Screenshot_2014-10-30-12-04-34_zpsgrdnnilu.png

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock