• Hi Guest . We are in the process of installing new software. If you notice a glitch please let us know.

Information: Foreign Travel Advice

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Admin #42
How many people bother to read the fire escape map on the back of the hotel door? I bet very few.
It's the first thing my wife does when we reach a hotel room. Many's the 'discussions' she's had with hotel managers when she's believed the instructions are unclear and on at least one occasion in Scotland completely absent.

We always pay attention to the flight safety briefings too even though we've flown with the same aircraft type and airline on many previous occasions. What would those passengers who pay no attention think if the pilots decided to give their pre-flight checks a miss as they'd done them so often in the past? As for passengers who insist on releasing their seat belts before the aircraft comes to a stop on stand and before the captain has switched off the seat belt signs, words fail me.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Admin #43
How many people bother to read the fire escape map on the back of the hotel door? I bet very few.
It's the first thing my wife does when we reach a hotel room. Many's the 'discussions' she's had with hotel managers when she's believed the instructions are unclear and on at least one occasion in Scotland completely absent.

We always pay attention to the flight safety briefings too even though we've flown with the same aircraft type and airline on many previous occasions. What would those passengers who pay no attention think if the pilots decided to give their pre-flight checks a miss as they'd done them so often in the past? As for passengers who insist on releasing their seat belts before the aircraft comes to a stop on stand and before the captain has switched off the seat belt signs, words fail me.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #44
As for passengers who insist on releasing their seat belts before the aircraft comes to a stop on stand and before the captain has switched off the seat belt signs, words fail me.
That seems to happen a lot. A few times on my US flights people are trying to get their luggage out of the overheads while the aircraft is taxiing and the cabin crew has told them off, one woman even decided to go to the toilet bringing the whole aircraft to a stop on the taxiway for about 5 mins at a pretty busy airport.

michael

Dec 30, 2009
Wharfedale
Could I ask for some advice please on behalf of some american friends, they travel next week from Washington to Amsterdam and then on to Budapest. On their way home they travel Nuremberg to Paris CDG and then on to Washington. Their travel agent has arranged the flights and has given them 90 minutes transfer time in AMS and just 80 minutes in CDG. Travel is on KLM/Air France all the way and their luggage will be checked through. They're now panicking that they may not have enough transfer time, especially in CDG. I know there are plenty of forum members who use both airports so having never been to either airport myself what do forum members think, are they going to struggle? The flight out of CDG will be the A380 . Thanks in advance

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #46
They're now panicking that they may not have enough transfer time, especially in CDG. I know there are plenty of forum members who use both airports so having never been to either airport myself what do forum members think, are they going to struggle?
With Amsterdam they should be fine they will have to go through immigration when they go into the Schengen Zone but when i did it in reverse the other week there was a fast track queue for people on tight connections. Paris CDG is different Air France use Terminal 2 but that is split up into different sections which is accessible by trains between the individual sections and they'll have to go through security and as they are leaving the Schengen immigration as well i can only guess CDG has the same fast track for tight connectons as AMS. If i was them i would try and find out what part of the airport they are arriving to and departing from. I have done a US to UK transfer at CDG but i'll be honest i felt i had to rush all the way and that was roughly about the same time wise as your friends as a result i will always pick AMS as it's a much better experience.

Jerry

Staff member
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #48
Thanks very much Jerry, I bet they haven't thought about Schengen,
Yeah when I did my trip to Barcelona the Spanish had machines and it was quick and easy so hopefully CDG will be the same but I've never used it so can't say for certain. Amsterdam was manned and a bit slow for me but they did have a fast track for short connections. I've used KLM/Air France/Delta for a while now and I've had 2 major delays and they've looked after me both times.

Top Bottom