Which one? The Boeing MAX range with their dodgy software that causes planes to plummet out of the sky, the 737-NG with "potential structural vulnerability" concerns requiring a retrofit, or is it the Dreamliners with their alleged dodgy lithium batteries? :censored:

Which one? The Boeing MAX range with their dodgy software that causes planes to plummet out of the sky, the 737-NG with "potential structural vulnerability" concerns requiring a retrofit, or is it the Dreamliners with their alleged dodgy lithium batteries? :censored:
Sorry, I should have explained. It's the 737MAX.

Kevin

I've just watched 'MH370: The Lost Flight' which aired on Channel 5 earlier (I had it recorded). The next two episodes will be shown on Tue 31 May and Wed 1 Jun at 21:00 (you can watch episode 1 on My5).
It's a subject that has intrigued me for several years, but we will never know the truth unless the aircraft is found. Even then, will the data on the CVR and FDR still be readable?
It's an interesting program and they have included many knowledgeable aviation experts (e.g. David Learmount, Consulting Editor with Flightglobal). Be warned though, that it also contains upsetting interviews with family members of those lost and distressing scenes at the information updates.

Kevin

I've just watched episode 2 of this 3 part series (aired Tue 31 May) and it covers a lot of the debris found on the beaches of Reunion Island and Mozambique. As well as the flaperon, another piece of debris shows part of the Rolls Royce logo. The Malaysian Airlines B777's were -200's and powered by RR Trent engines.
A few years before the MH370 disappearance, my Dad and I flew on two Malaysian B777's (KUL - AKL and return). I remember that it was two different aircraft, but I can't recall the registrations (I'm sure I have them written down somewhere). I often wonder if one of those aircraft was the one involved, or even MH17 that was shot down over eastern Ukraine.
Likewise, the cabin crew. We flew business class and they were excellent (particularly the one stewardess). I so hope that none of them were involved (although, I realise that someone's loved ones had to be).
The final episode airs tomorrow on CH5 at 21:00.

Kevin

Last edited:
@Kevin Farnell That's freaky.

A friend of mine once told me he was due to fly on the Pan Am on the same aircraft that was blown up. Apparently he mist the flight by just a few minutes. What a lucky escape that was!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock