Re: On TV

http://www.prweek.com/article/1295984/b ... throw-show

Might be interesting - the first of three 60-minute documentaries on British Airways begins next Monday 2 June on BBC 2 at 2100 with the subsequent episodes on the following two Monday evenings.

The makers boast 'unprecedented access' to BA.

Might be interesting - the first of three 60-minute documentaries on British Airways begins next Monday 2 June on BBC 2 at 2100 with the subsequent episodes on the following two Monday evenings.

The makers boast 'unprecedented access' to BA.

Did anyone watch the first episode yesterday evening?

I did and was very disappointed. It seemed like a promotional film for BA at times, and never got out of first gear. I found it tedious and almost turned off more than once but decided to give it a fair go.

The episode was based around a new intake of cabin crew and we were given glimpses of what they were expected to achieve before becoming actual cabin crew. One failed the course part way through and another is near to doing so.

Elsewhere we were introduced to BA's first A 380, given a brief look at the First Class scene and shown how the engineers slave away at night to get the aircraft ready for first thing the following morning.

For me the entire hour was something of a drag and failed dismally to live up to the programme makers' boast.

Has anyone got a different view?

One of the newspapers described the show as an hour advertisement for BA. To be honest, I feel like you The Local Yokel. I was completely underwhelmed by the show as well. If it's part of a series I think I'll be finding something else to do with my time.

TheLocalYokel said:
Has anyone got a different view?

I agree with you, the programme was OKish but I'm not sure I'll watch the next two unless I have absolutely nothing at all else to do. As already said it seemed like an hour long advert for BA, in particular their promotional product. I quite enjoyed the clips of the maintenance guys and the operations room swapping round aircraft that were not ready to go back into service, but those clips were all too brief and it wasn't long before we quickly switched back to showing just how special the cabin crew are.

I always enjoyed the BBC series Airport which showed a real cross section of life at Heathrow, with everything from the animal reception centre to the royal suite being featured. I'd like to see something similar on our screens in the future.

Tonight at 20:00 on Channel 5.

New: Lost at Sea: Air France 447

Brand New. Based on official reports and eyewitness accounts, and with the aid of dramatic reconstructions and cutting-edge CGI, this documentary charts the attempts to find the plane, recover the flight recorders and discover the cause of the crash, which killed all 228 people on board

Very interesting program and the results from the investigation should ensure a similar incident does not happen in the future.

I always thought pushing the stick forward during a stall was common knowledge not just in pilot circles? It's scary to think the aircraft was already well on the way to disaster only 90 seconds into the stall. Couldn't communications with satellites provide a secondary speed source?

ITV Wales started a 'fly-on-the-wall' documentary series about Cardiff Airport last Wednesday. I watched it on Catch-Up and the link is below.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/20 ... episode-1/

I can't say I was particularly impressed. It was a fairly bland programme that didn't really engage my interest. Perhaps people not normally interested in aviation might have found it more appealing as a general 'entertainment'.

Just watched it. It was nice to see what the terminal looks like inside.

I'm not sure if this will be shown in all the ITV regions but Leeds Bradford Airport will be featured in a mini six part documentary series to be aired on ITV starting on the 16th July at 8:30pm on ITV 1. The show will feature a number of charterers from around the airport.

I'm not sure if this will be shown in all the ITV regions but Leeds Bradford Airport will be featured in a mini six part documentary series to be aired on ITV starting on the 16th July at 8:30pm on ITV 1. The show will feature a number of charterers from around the airport.
It's showing on my channel guide here in Cambridgeshire so I guess it's national. It's titled 'Yorkshire Airport'.
I've set a series link for recording.

Kevin

Video removed by author

And here's the first part of the six part series. It's had a mixed review from up here in god own country. Many think the programme has painted a poor amateurish impression of the airport and the region. I've heard some people say they'll never fly from the airport again. Personally I think it would have been produced much in the same way had it featured any other regional airport. I don't really know what people thought they should see.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, Aviador.

I've never been a big fan of this type of tv show, whether featuring airports or anything else. Inevitably there are people who like the thought of being on the telly and will 'play up' to the cameras so in that sense the programmes aren't always a true reflection on life and people's behaviour (I'm not talking about the Ibiza passengers who would have become boisterous with or without the tv people).

In the past 10-20 years there have been so many similar programmes about airports and airlines that I rarely bother to watch any more. When I did watch them they began to become very predictable in their output. In truth this episode followed a pattern that the genre has been exhibiting for many years.

As someone who doesn't know LBA I found the programme interesting in that I now have a slightly better idea of how the airport is set up.

A couple of points came out of the narration. Is LBA really expecting another 500,000 passengers this year? What was meant by the comment about making LBA 'the number one airport in the North'? Taken at face value it means it would eclipse MAN.

That man in high heels was something else :giggle:
That was pure class.

In my days at LBA every day was different. Some funny, some hilarious, some serious and some sad. Like I imagine most airports, they are an amazing place to work.

I saw Jamie earlier this week, he has a child in the same school as one of my children. He's a good lad. I remember when he first joined Airside Ops as a young lad. I think Chloe and Nathan joined just before I left.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock