A Sunday Prague would have been nice to give more options to the city break crowd, especially with Jet2 only operating Mon and Fri.

Beggars can't be choosers though and it's great to see the route continue (y)

I mean where is Oslo and Helsinki ?

I suggest you look at a map if you don't know @Brum X :LOL:

In all seriousness, CPH and ARN are the larger markets in Scandinavia which we do have links to.

I do find the lack of an Oslo service, at least a seasonal one, disappointing. SAS already serve BHX, but don't seem to be interest in anything more than CPH. Norwegian seems to be shifting more towards a Scandinavian focus since Covid, but I wouldn't expect anything from them soon. Flyr is a relatively new LCC with a sizeable base in Oslo, but doesn't currently serve the UK.

Helsinki however is a much smaller market, only about a third of the size of the CPH market from the UK. Asian connections used to be their speciality, but with Covid restrictions still in place in some Asian markets and the longer flight times avoid Russian airspace, thats a less attractive option now.

For the next year or two, focus on getting CPH to double daily and increasing ARN to daily between RYR and EWG.

SAS did give Oslo a few goes but it was only odd days & on a 737 400, I think the ideal would be CRJ but SAS only operate the CRJ from CPH ?
Finnair to Helsinki would be fabulous with their onward connections, but I know BHX have been trying very hard for many years on this as they have with TAP but neither are coming anytime soon

SAS did give Oslo a few goes but it was only odd days & on a 737 400, I think the ideal would be CRJ but SAS only operate the CRJ from CPH ?
Finnair to Helsinki would be fabulous with their onward connections, but I know BHX have been trying very hard for many years on this as they have with TAP but neither are coming anytime soon
BHX have been talking to Finnair for 30+ years so little hope of them starting same probably applies to TAP

Around the time that Qatar was finally announced I think Will Pearson did say that they were in advanced talks with another Oneworld airline, which many of us took to be Finnair. Sadly nothing ever came of it.

As much potential as eurowings offers, they seems to have a whole list of 1-2 season wonders from BHX which is very frustrating... thanksfully RYR have picked up the ARN link at least....

Which kind of confirms that if they ever do launch a Berlin route, it will probably be a 1-2 season wonder

This is why we need an Easyjet base imho or no reason why RYR cannot fly this route also ?

Eurowings is an airline predominantly associated with Germany (it was formerly GermanWings). The Stockholm base was a relatively new one and maybe part of the issue was that compared to the incumbents, they weren't well known or trusted enough - it wasn't just BHX cut from Stockholm but a number of routes which suggests that maybe they've reduced the number of aircraft based there.

Dusseldorf proves that they can commit to a route for the long term, and hopefully if they launch Berlin, given its more in the home turf than Stockholm, it'll stick around longer.

Given the way things go, if/when Eurowings start Berlin, within a season or two Ryanair will probably jump on it as well!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock