Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Berlin is now operated by a Germanwings A319 6x weekly, it's dropping to 4 weekly from end of Dec for a couple of months with the odd week still seeing 6 services. Dusseldorf still sees a Eurowings CRJ and will become Germanwings early next year. Eurowings will also stay on the Hamburg route for now operating on behalf of Germanwings.

Re: Germanwings

I am hearing that the TXL service is to end on August 31st.
I can't help feeling that Lufthansa have missed a trick here as they are a known brand at many regional airports,and Germanwings are not.
Also when LH operated this route,it did seem to be picking up.
Very disappointing news!!!

Im dissapointed with Germanwings tbf, they do seem to not really know which direction they are going. Again the BHX flight timings were all over the place so not really surprised it is going.

A bit like England in the world cup, didnt have high hopes, however there is a market for Berlin from BHX i really do believe, just need an airline to be consistant with timings and frequency etc.

I to believe Flybe could be a good shout for Berlin.
It is whether they have enough aircraft to go around that could be the stumbling block.
Having said that I am led to believe that some E195s may yet be retained,at least until further E175s are delivered.
We await to see what happens with interest.

I have to say it's not a surprise, I'm shocked it lasted this long. It is unfortunate as when it as Lufthansa it seemed to be doing pretty well but after it switched to Germanwings things soon took a drop and as already said frequency and timings were chopped and changed. It could be a good one for Flybe.

Hamburg will drop to 5x weekly at the end of September then 4x weekly at the end of October for winter, another case of dying route syndrome?

Flybe have the evening flight returning soon, hopefully there will be a morning service to compliment it in the future.

It seems Germanwings do not have any love for BHX. Lets just hope DUS does not go the same way....

Back in November 2012 Lufthansa were planning to upgrade Berlin from an A319 to an A320 for the following summer, Germanwings took over and systematically reduced the frequency until it has now gone. Winter 2012/13 Hamburg was at 11x weekly, last winter it was 6x weekly now this winter it'll be 4x weekly. Will it be here next winter? Dusseldorf appears to be a very high yielding route so hopefully it can stay at 17x weekly even in the hands of Germanwings and with Flybe also operating their 22x weekly flights.

Dusseldorf transferred to Germanwings today, it's still 3x daily operated by the Eurowings CRJ900.......for now!

The Sunday Hamburg flight will be operated by an A319 until mid February, this is around the time when Germanwings will be switching flights from the CRJ9 so we'll have to see what happens to Hamburg and Dusseldorf.

Ray Finkle said:
The Sunday Hamburg flight will be operated by an A319 until mid February, this is around the time when Germanwings will be switching flights from the CRJ9 so we'll have to see what happens to Hamburg and Dusseldorf.

Just seen this quoted from somebody on another website:

"German media are reporting about Lufthansa investigating plans to build a low-coster serving the pan-European market. Obviously their brand "Germanwings" won't quite cut it for that purpose, so the new baby is supposed to be called, wait, "Eurowings".

If this is true then all this changing of names from what used to be that "Excellent Airline Brand" called Lufthansa, is going to do nothing for there image, and unfortunately isnt going to do anything for BHX.

The new Eurowings livery.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHA23B7MF5s[/video]

So is "Germanwings" going to be replaced with "Eurowings" ????

Im getting really confused with all this ????

I think the Germanwings brand will be gone by the end of next year to be replaced by Eurowings who will also be operating the low cost long haul A330 flights which were to be Worldwings, these are not to be confused with the new LH long haul arm from Frankfurt operating A340's which will be called Jump :crazy:

Another change, as of 25th October DUS and HAM will be operating with Eurowings and have an EW flight code rather than the Germanwings 4U.

germanwings from 25OCT15 begins initial phase of brand integration with Eurowings, as 55 routes will be operating under Eurowings’ “EW” coded flight numbers. Following routes will be operating with EW flight numbers, instead of germanwings’ 4U.

Full list on the link: http://airlineroute.net/2015/03/23/4uew-w15update1/

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out
All ready for my holiday to Iceland on Sunday! Flying with TUI for the first time.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock