TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
January 2009

Provisional CAA stats for January 2009 show DSA handled 57,598 passengers, down 16.7% on January 2008. Atms for the month were down 23.8% on January 2008.

The rolling 12-month total is 957,431, down 11.1% on a year ago, with atms down 16.4% over the same period.

• Admin
Re: Passenger Figures

Yes, you are right. Thank you for that. I mis-read the 1 as a 7 in my handwritten note.

Busy Easter for airport

ROBIN Hood Airport bosses are expecting up to 10,500 passengers to travel through Doncaster over the Easter weekend.

Managers at Finningley say it will be the facility's busiest weekend so far this year, as passengers join in the traditional Easter 'getaway' between Good Friday and Easter Monday.

Popular destinations over the next few days include sunnier Mediterranean destinations such as Alicante, Malaga and Palma in addition to Sharm el Sheikh in Egypt, island breaks to Jersey and for the skiers, Geneva.

Staff are also urging passengers to think carefully when packing their bags before coming to the Airport to go on holiday. In particular, the Airport is keen to remind passengers about restrictions that remain in force regarding liquids which are placed in hand luggage.

Airport director Mike Morton, said: "With the economy continuing to dominate the news, it looks like a well deserved break for many is what's needed. Volumes of passengers jetting off from here have been noticeably higher this week already.

"Passengers appear to be looking to cheer themselves up and travel in search of some early sunshine to the many destinations currently available and escape to enjoy the long weekend."

Source

Is that what they call busy???

Look on BBC Ceefax and there are very few arrivals. Doesn't look busy to me.

The storey say 10,500 pass through Doncaster over the Easter Weekend, so presumably this includes Friday and Monday and includes both departing and arriving passengers, so that's little over 1300 departing passengers a day. To put this into prospective on Friday LBA handled around 3000 departing passengers alone between the hours of 04:00 and 08:30.

March figures from CAA say 60,251... Thats 23.4% down on March last year.... Thats with still having the FR DUB route. Wait and see what it looks like when that goes at the end of July.

• Admin

April 2009 Passenger Figures

CAA provisional stats show 63,888 passengers were handled last month, down 14.6% on April 2008.

In percentage terms DSA fared better in April than airports such as Bristol, East Midlands and London City.

However, the rolling 12-month total stands at 913,761, down a huge 16.4% on a year ago, which clearly shows the deterioration that has existed for many months.

• Admin

May 2009

Perhaps slight crumbs of comfort in May's passenger figures that saw 83,427 people use the airport, down 4.2% on May 2008. Atms were down a corresponding 4.6%.

The rolling 12-month total stands at 910,108, down 16% on a year ago.

In percentage terms this is a slight improvement on the rolling 12-month total last month which was down 16.4% on the corresponding period last year.

I don't think the bosses at Peel will see any 'crumbs of comfort' in those figures at the rate the airport is loosing money. Lets hope they can pick up some new services to get the airport 'off the ground' again.

CAA Stats for June

Passenger numbers for June were -7.5% down compared with the same month last year. Passenger numbers for the month of June were 92,768

The rolling year passenger numbers stand at 902,374 -16% down.

Another disastrous rolling year with no signs of a let up in the airports downturn in passengers services.

Certainly must be a worrying time for Peel, and next month they will lose 8 or 9000 Ryanair Dublin pax, down on July last year, as the airline has now pulled the route.

Well I am sure the Peel Spin Machine will have a good go at putting the figures in a positive light like they usually do.The winter season looks as though it could be a very difficult one for DSA, what with losing DUB and of course also losing summer routes such as JER and the usual reduction in operations by TOM. At least they will boost their figures with Jet2 diverting their flights in when LBA has its dodgy weather days.

CAA Stats for July

Passenger numbers for July were -10.1% down compared with the same month last year. Passenger numbers for the month of July were 92,841

The rolling year passenger numbers stand at 891,934 -15.6% down.

:dunno:

CAA Stats for August

Passenger numbers for August were -10.6 down compared with the same month last year. Passenger numbers for the month of August were 99,059

The rolling year passenger numbers stand at 880,175 -15% down on last year.

Can things get much worse for the airport?

Thats quite shocking data, and i thought LBA was doing bad. Just out of question, how big is TOM's operation at DSA? Just wondering how that effetcs their pax numbers.

[textarea]Robin Hood Airport passenger numbers tumble by up to 30%

PASSENGER numbers at Doncaster's airport are plunging and on course for their worst year since it opened in 2005.
Figures just released by the Civil Aviation Authority show that only 99,000 people flew from Robin Hood Airport last month, compared to more than 130,000 at its peak in August 2007.

It is a full year since monthly passenger numbers exceeded 100,000 and figures for 2009 at Finningley are between 20 and 30 per cent down compared to the same months in the airline "boom" of 2007.

Aviation experts predict Doncaster Sheffield Airport will have its worst annual figures since 2005 when it was operational for just over eight months after the maiden flight in April of that year.

But airport chiefs say all regional airports have been affected by the recession and they are confident they can ride out the storm.

The downturn in aviation is best illustrated by Robin Hood's figures for August, which is usually the busiest month of the year.

In 2005, the first year of operation, the airport handled 95,308 people, in 2006 it went up to 106,354 and by 2007 it peaked at 131,932. By August 2008 it had slipped back to 110,818 and last month numbers crashed to 99,059.

Mike Morton, Airport Director, said Robin Hood was handling similar passenger numbers to Bournemouth and Exeter which have been established since after the war, as well as handling twice as much as their nearest geographical competitor, Humberside Airport.

He added: "We have to remind ourselves at times that Doncaster Sheffield Airport is only just over four years old. So much has been achieved in this time that we are extremely proud of the airport and the staff that work here.

"In such a short space of time we have established a number of strong relationships with key airlines and have seen more than four million passengers fly from our South Yorkshire base."

He added Robin Hood was Yorkshire's favourite airport, having come third in the recent Holiday Which? UK airport survey, behind London City and Blackpool airports.

He said: "The reality at the moment however is the impact of the recession on aviation, with a fall in passenger numbers at almost every UK airport.

"Doncaster Sheffield Airport is not exempt from this. However, compared to other airports in the region, passenger numbers are holding up in what is seen by many as some of the most difficult operating conditions.

"We are continuing to work to develop our relationships with existing airlines and talking to other providers to improve Doncaster Sheffield's offering to passengers and look forward to making announcements regarding new routes and improved services in the near future."

Doncaster Chamber of Commerce said the passenger figures were disappointing but were hopeful things could be turned around next year.

Chief executive Stephen Shore said they were aware other regional airport passenger numbers were down and Robin Hood had lost Ryanair flights to Dublin because of increased costs at the Irish end, not Doncaster.

He added: "I think everybody agrees that Robin Hood needs to do two things - get in a low-cost no-frills carrier and try and forge a link with a hub airport in Europe such as Schiphol or Charles de Gaulle to connect with long-haul flights.

"I know that's not an easy task but I recently visited Pittsburgh which didn't have international flights for five years but then did a deal with Charles de Gaulle and they are now flying to Europe. There is no reason why Robin Hood can't do that because we have the demographic for many millions of passengers in our area.

"Not only are the people at Robin Hood working hard to make that happen but I understand discussions are progressing pretty well."

"We are continuing to work to develop our relationships with existing airlines and talking to other providers to improve Doncaster Sheffield's offering to passengers and look forward to making announcements regarding new routes and improved services in the near future."

Doncaster Chamber of Commerce said the passenger figures were disappointing but were hopeful things could be turned around next year.

Chief executive Stephen Shore said they were aware other regional airport passenger numbers were down and Robin Hood had lost Ryanair flights to Dublin because of increased costs at the Irish end, not Doncaster.

He added: "I think everybody agrees that Robin Hood needs to do two things - get in a low-cost no-frills carrier and try and forge a link with a hub airport in Europe such as Schiphol or Charles de Gaulle to connect with long-haul flights.

"I know that's not an easy task but I recently visited Pittsburgh which didn't have international flights for five years but then did a deal with Charles de Gaulle and they are now flying to Europe.

"There is no reason why Robin Hood can't do that because we have the demographic for many millions of passengers in our area."

Source[/textarea]

CAA Stats for October

Passenger numbers for October were -10.1 down compared with the same month last year. Passenger numbers for the month of October were 76,924

The rolling year passenger numbers stand at 858,502 -13.5% down on last year.

I think DSA has had 18 months of reductions now.

........And wait for November figures, with Ryanair gone for the winter and the TOM operation drastically scaled back. It is looking like a bleak winter for DSA. They will hoping for lousy weather at LBA so they can boost their figues with lots of Jet2 diversions!

Maybe DSA should decide to call it a day, and give all their traffic to LBA! But seriously they are performing terribly right now, is it feasable to see them actually come back and uphold a decent TOM operation for one?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock