When the Welsh Government are advising in a tweet this last hour for everyone in Wales to holiday at home this year and to avoid non essential air travel, this sends out a pretty clear message to airlines that they will be better off basing aircraft where they can maximise revenue.
I generally doubt that would put off airlines from operating from Cardiff. Hasn't stopped others.

Ryanair have launched 4 weekly Bristol to Barcelona, i really hope it isn't the end of CWL-BCN. With all the route expansion they are doing hopefully we'll see something new from them.

Ryanair have launched 4 weekly Bristol to Barcelona, i really hope it isn't the end of CWL-BCN. With all the route expansion they are doing hopefully we'll see something new from them.
In direct competition with easyJet as is Madrid another new BRS Ryanair route announced today. Strange!

In direct competition with easyJet as is Madrid another new BRS Ryanair route announced today. Strange!
It'll be interesting to how they do with both there especially Madrid. I do hope though that the launch of BCN isn't to the detriment of CWL. The airport needs Ryanair to be expanding not retreat to BRS.

It'll be interesting to how they do with both there especially Madrid. I do hope though that the launch of BCN isn't to the detriment of CWL. The airport needs Ryanair to be expanding not retreat to BRS.
I've long given up trying to second-guess airline plans. If the BCN and MAD Ryanair routes from BRS announced today for the coming winter continue next summer there will be three BCN flights on four days each week (easyJet is double-daily every day) ad two MAD flights on three days each week (easyJet is daily). That sounds like overkill.

Ryanair has increasingly come on to BRS routes operated by easyJet and not all to the sun by any means. Given the proximity of CWL, and EXT for that matter, both of which have many routes that don't have a service from anyone the question to be asked is an obvious one. It is to me anyway, but I'm not in the industry.

I meant to add that in the past week or two new Ryanair routes have been announced around the country in great numbers, with more today.

Thus far CWL and EXT have been conspicuous by their absence, unlike say Bournemouth that has been the recipient of a number of new Ryanair routes including two more today. Even though I admit to having given up trying seriously to anticipate what airlines will do next I find it very hard to believe that CWL and EXT will be left out of this expansion.

We just don't seem to be under consideration by any airlines at the moment, it must be really disheartening for the staff at CWL, whom I'm sure are trying their best to secure new routes, or even getting someone to restart previous routes.

Would be nice to see Malta return or maybe a destination like Rome or Chania.

Looks like it's onsale for Summer 2022 as well!
Have to congratulate the airport route development team for getting this across the line!

Last edited:
Even though I admit to having given up trying seriously to anticipate what airlines will do next I find it very hard to believe that CWL and EXT will be left out of this expansion.
Good news at last. More is needed.

Interesting line.
"We have worked closely with Cardiff Airport to deliver this new route, made possible by the necessary incentives to secure connectivity as airlines and airports recover from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic."

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock